09

october 17 2020

october 17 2020

"you think we were gonna part ways after only a few weeks?" karl responded incredulously.

no need for furthering the conversation, elisa just wrapped her arms around her brother as the flight attendants began instructing safety protocols.

elisa was always a bit nervous being in planes, starting from the second she steps foot inside of it, anxious butterflies rapidly erupt in her stomach.

the safety procedures quickly finished and they began preparing the plane for takeoff. the sudden movement of the plane starting to wheel its way down the runway made her jump and grab karl's hand, squeezing tightly.

it soon sped up and finally the wheels left the ground and became airborne, a completely new wave of nervous butterflies overtaking her stomach.

around twenty minutes int the flight, elisa had reached a point of ease, enough to free her brothers hand from her tight grip. she then occupied herself with her phone, before feeling her eyes get heavy and she drifted off to sleep, head sliding onto karl's shoulder.

•••

the glimmering lights and bustling atmosphere were enough to confuse anyone, but elisa knew exactly where she was.

she wasn't overwhelmed nor worried, as she had grown very familiar with her surroundings... though one bit was different.

there was someone there with her, someone who she has never, and still hasn't seen before. she guessed they were a boy by his build, and incredible height. but his face was the only thing she couldn't see.

she looked down at their hands, noticing both their pinkies were hooked into one another's as a way of holding hands.

her and the boy were walking down the open area of a town square that was surrounded by a mall, with hanging lights illuminating when the sun could not.

elisa has been to this mall with a few of her friends, always giggling and chasing each other, tag being their favorite game to play since they we little. yet now she was enjoying the night with someone who she felt comfort with for some unknown reason.

although there had been no dialogue exchanged, it was as though the two could speak without words, just being in each others presence was enough.

lively music was playing in the background keeping the aura warm and happy, but it seemed as though she was just viewing from her eyes and not being able to move on her own.

slightly disturbing the overall pleasant-ness of the dream, someone shouted her name from behind her and pulled her out of the dream.

•••

"eli! eli! elisa!" karl whisper- shouted, shaking his little sister awake.

"ah! what?!" she jumped, completely startled by the sudden ruckus to which he exclaimed giddily "were here!"

elisa gathered all of her things quickly, yearning for the feeling of seeing her home state again.

the two waited in the 'line' of people jamming to get out of the plane while others took their sweet time grabbing their suitcases from overhead compartments.

both siblings were still half asleep walking only one step every minute, not paying attention to the fact of instead of a tunnel leading right into the airport, there were steps down to the ground.

once elisa had fully exited the plane and looked up, she saw the gleaming city of los angeles welcome her back to california.

• VOTE IF YOU ENJOYED •