"Sounds like your in love." Ana smirked, laying on his lap as she looked up to him.

Michael rolled his eyes in disgust. "He'd drive you crazy too. I wish you'd get out of this cave so you could see the shit I have to deal with." Even though the students were nothing but nice to him, he found them incredibly annoying, and it was difficult to not roll his eyes or break their noses.

"You said yourself you wouldn't be able to acknowledge me." She reminded, her curly hair wild against his legs. "I'd just get bored sitting around some dumb teachers classroom. I already graduated, remember? I'm not doing that shit again."

He laughed as he looked down, his arm laying across her stomach. "Whatever you say, love. You'll have to come out and play eventually." He smirked, leaning down to peck her lips.

Truth be told, he found it rather odd she wasn't itching to explore or bouncing off the walls. Though, he figured she was just trying to let him get settled in, which he appreciated the gesture. He missed her greatly for the hours they were apart, and it reminded him of her school days. But if staying in the room was what she wanted, then he wouldn't make her leave. Besides, it was more safe that way.

It was her nightmares again, and they had come back full force it had seemed. They hadn't changed much, but they were starting to last longer throughout the night, making sleep much harder to grasp. Last night, she had dreamed there was a great ball in the Hawthorne lounge. The room was filled with beautifully dressed princes and princesses wearing all the brightest of colors. Michael had been there, and she was desperate to dance with him.

And despite the fact she had been under a spell, he danced with her around the room, paying no mind to the students who eyed him oddly. It had been a magical moment, but had ended as soon as the song had. The spell had worn off, revealing herself against the warlocks. The next thing she knew was blackness in her vision.

She was trying not to let them bother her, and she had been extremely well at hiding them. Michael knew she had bad dreams at times, but he was unaware of the extent to them or what exactly went on in them.

She knew he wouldn't let anything happen to her, but the part of herself that she buried was still alive and well. She still had feelings, she still worried and had anxiety. She wasn't a robot, she was simply Anastasia.

And maybe that's why Michael hadn't noticed the increasing shade of purple under her eyes, or the random yawns she released throughout the day when he saw her. He often forgot that part of her still existed, and had no idea her nightmares were feeding into it. She was also an impressive actor.

"I'm sure you wouldn't find their conversations interesting, but it would give you something to do." He added, twisting her curls in his fingers.

She gave a nod, smiling up at him. "Yeah, maybe. I'm almost finished with Pride and Prejudice, though. I think I'll stay in and finish it."

He narrowed his eyes slightly, giving a small shake of his head. Had he done something? He didn't think he had, but he couldn't understand why she was coming up excuses for staying inside the room. He went to speak again, but she sat up abruptly.

"Let's just go to sleep." She sighed, a small smile on her face as she moved to lay down.

He wanted to ask her if something was wrong, but he resisted the urge. Maybe he was making something out of nothing.

                                       ~~~

She had finished her book as planned, and spent her entire day in the room as usual. She would often get nervous at the sound of teenage boys outside her door and passing though the hallway, but she always told herself that even if they were to come in, they wouldn't see her. She had another nightmare, and even though she couldn't remember it, she knew it was probably the same thing she always dreamed.