THE SOKOVIA ACCORDS

Start from the beginning

"But I think we have a solution," he turned to his briefcase that sat on the edge of the table and opened it up to reveal a thick book inside. Turning it around, he showed it to Wanda, who was the closest to him. "The Sokovia accords," he announced somewhat proudly as Wanda examined the front of the book.

Watching as Wanda slid the book over to Rhodey, Thaddeus Ross walked around the table slowly as he spoke. "Signed and approved by 117 countries," he told them. "It states that the Avengers shall no longer be a private organization."

"Instead, they'll operate under the supervision of the United Nations panel, only when and if that panel deems it necessary." The man stopped his circle around the table at Steve.

"The Avengers were formed to make the world a safer place," Steve repeated the words that were told to him when he was recruited to join. "I feel like we've done that," he tells the man that stood opposite him.

"Tell me captain," Secretary Ross said after a deep breath. "Do you know where Thor and Doctor Banner are?" Steve didn't say anything, only glancing up at the man with a crease between his eyebrows.

Getting the answer that he wanted from the captain he turned to Elizabeth who sat at the other end of the table. "And you, Miss Grace," her name suddenly being called making her heart skip a beat. "Do you know where your brothers are right now?"

"With all due respect Mr. Secretary," she said over-graciously with a fake smile. "No matter how many times you send someone to ask me, the answer will always be the same." Elizabeth recalled the many times government officials had asked or more like interrogated, her about the whereabouts of her brothers.

Crossing her arms over the jacket she wore, Elizabeth leaned back in her seat as she continued to answer the question she was asked. "I haven't seen or had any contact with them in ten years. So no, I don't know where they are."

"If I misplaced a couple of 30 megaton nukes you can bet there'd be consequences," Thaddeus Ross turned back to the rest of the table, proving his point. "Compromise and reassurance, that's how the world works."

The man made his way back to the front of the table while speaking. "Believe me, this is the middle ground." He pointed to the book that sat in Rhodeys hands.

"So," Rhodey spoke up with a quick glance at the book. "There are contingencies?"

"Three days from now the U.N meet in Vienna to ratify the accords" the Secretary answered. "Talk it over." With that he picked up his briefcase and made his way over to the door.

He was about to open it when Natasha's voice stopped him. "What if we come to a decision that you don't like?" She asked, already knowing that not everyone was gonna be on the same side this time.

"Then you retire," was the only answer they got before the man left out the door.

As the door closed behind him, those that were left in the room sat in heavy silence. When Elizabeth saw Steve turn in his chair to say something to Tony she knew she had to add something first.

"Alright," she spoke up with a sigh. "Since we all know we have a lot to talk about," she continued before standing up from her chair. "Could we take this party upstairs? These chairs are killing me." She sent a glare at the chair she sat on.

Everyone in the room laughed lightly at her attempt to lighten the mood. "I second that," Vision agreed, startling everyone, he was never one to value comfort much. They all began to stand up slowly, wanting to delay the debate they all knew was heading their way.

Some of them even talking about what they hated most about the chairs. The back was stiff, the wheels never worked, whatever to keep the mood light. "For a rich person you don't have very nice chairs, Stark." Pietro remarked as he put an arm around his sisters shoulder.