A Brand New Color

I saw this pair on Twitter and instantly fell in love like omg

Sorry if they seem out of character I couldn't find much about Razzle and Dazzle, so I made some fanon. 👉👈

******

There was a certain thrill to the art performance, the kind that enticed you over and over again until you were tainted with it. The kind that left the sweat dripping down your face as you hurriedly took your mark. The exhilarating rush of movement, rhythm, as each note was delicately played. The raging anxiety of making a mistake and losing it all. The biggest fear that you might not make it at all.

Razzle could never get enough of that feeling. He longed for it, he was hungry for it. He wanted to reach out and hold onto it forever.

He tapped away at his keys, filling the jazzy restaurant with the life of music. His sonnet rang out to the audience, he hoped he had captured their attention, although he didn't dare to peek. He spread his soul thin as his music brought forth another time, another place, he took them somewhere. His breath hitched from the exhaustious excitement as he came to a slow, pressing his hoove gently to the last key, his eyes softly closed as the final note dipped into the room. Quietly he lifted it from the piano, acknowledging the dripping sweat from the hot stage lights he turned and stood.

He looked over the audience, greeted with sets of curious eyes, he bowed. The claps didn't start immediately, rather they came from one person to the next, the room catching on bit by bit. Many of them wondered if that was truly the end of his show, would there be more?

Razzle stood upright again, the lights shutting off and turning the stage dark and quiet. He quietly fumbled behind the curtain, back around to the staff room. Many of the diners let out gasps of surprise, it wasn't expected. Razzle had done his job, he had done it well, so as soon as the door was closed behind him, he collapsed into a pile of mush on the floor.

Dazzle didn't react much, this happened often, he just continued chomping away at his doughnut. He gestured to his brother, "Good show?" He asked, only half interested as he flipped through the local newspaper.

"I think I really touched them." He huffed, wiping some of the sweat from his forehead. "Did you hear it?" He rushed.

"Course I heard it," Dazzle scoffed, rolling a glance to the other, "These walls are thin as paper, how could I not?"

Razzle chuckled, forcing himself upright again, "But did you listen?" He asked again.

"I just told you I heard the whole damn thing!" He turned, playfully knocking on the plaster wall, "Your brain all wool up there?"

He chuckled at his brother again, moving to the couch next to Dazzle, "There's a difference you know," he gestured, "between hearing and listening."

Dazzle laughed back, although he was unsure if he was mocking him or agreeing with him. He picked up his coat, putting it on, and stretching quietly, "You ready to blow this joint, tuft tail?" He teased with a flick of his tongue.

Razzle looked at the clock, that was their last show for the evening. They could finally go home and get some rest before Miss Charlie needed their help again.

He jumped up, abandoning his tiredness, "When you are mutton head." He gently elbowed Dazzle, pushing past him in a race to see who could get to the door first.

They scrambled up and over each other to cross the room, being mindful of their suits and surroundings. Razzle used his head as a stepping stone, leaping for the exit, only for his efforts to be in vain when Dazzle flew over to it instead. He swung the door open, allowing his brother to stumble right through the frame and land harshly on the ground.