7. Power's Melancholy.

"Is this your best phone here?" Makima asked the guy.

"Yes, we also have a monthly plan. That way, you can-"

"We'll take two right away." Aki raised his hand. "We're in a rush, so please just get to it."

Power and I just watched the situation unfold. Aki and Makima acted like our mom and dad at this point. "Uhh, how do phones work?" I asked Aki.

"You just tap the hell out of what you want. There's a manual included so just read that." He said as the four of us waited for the clerk to come back.

"Deni can't read!" Power said, pointing at me.

I haven't gone to a school yet, so I haven't thought of things like that.

"Is that so? Then how about I enroll you?" Makima wondered, looking at me as if I was her child. Her kindness gets me entangled with her every time.

"That's not quite possible, maybe next year?" Said Aki, who read some of the manuals on the table. "Denji doesn't even have a last name."

"We can work with that," Makima smiled at me. "Oh, there he is."

The clerk now came back with the papers and things that I didn't bother looking at. I turned to Power to was using one of the phones, her fingers danced at the thing filled with Japanese letters. I got closer to watch her, then I asked if I could try it too.

"Are phones cool?" I asked her.

"Hmm! You could even do anything with this!" She showed me some pictures. "For instance, you can search up porn!"

"P-Porn?" Hearing that made me want to have a phone this instant.

"Oi, Power. Your mouth!" Aki warned. Makima just gave another giggle at the three of us, then signed the papers to fulfill the payment.

After buying us phones, Makima decided for us to eat at a restaurant.

It took a bit to find some niche to eat. Makima said that there were no seats available so we had to keep searching and searching. At one point, Power snapped then tried running away from us because of boredom. Aki told me to keep her in supervision.

Simply what am I to Power?

The next day passed, and Aki had to go to work. Meanwhile, Power and I just sat on the floor and figured out how phones work. Today was a hot and sunny day, Power and I stayed in our rooms since it's much cooler there than in the kitchen.

Power and I laid our backs on the futon. Nyako curled to me while I kept on tapping the screen of the phone. I was getting frustrated so I asked Power to help me.

"Power, how do I search up the porn you said?" I nudged her waist. She jolted from the reaction then turned around to look at my phone. I could feel her warm breath on my neck as she huddled closer and brought herself towards me for a hug.

"I don't knowwwww... I'm sleepy." She complained then wrapped her frail legs unto my waist. The sticky sensation of her sweat made me feel uncomfortable as I tried to push her away.

"Stop hugging me! You're sweaty as fuck!" I said as I kept nudging her away.

"But I don't want to!" She whined then hugged me tighter. I felt two medium orbs on my back. Knowing what this is, I let Power do as she, please. "It's so hot, I want to cool off with Denji..."

Cool what now?

"What the fuck are you on about, Power?" I asked.

Awaited for a whole minute until I realized she had already fallen asleep. I brushed it away as I just focused on learning my phone. "Geez, I think I should study at home... I can't even read these letters! How will I watch porn with this shit?"