Prologue

What's the worst thing about transferring to a new school?

Everything.

It means new schedule, friends, teachers, kids, and being the ousted person for awhile. And that would officially be me this year.

My school got burned down by some stupid wild fire over the summer, meaning the kids who attended needed to find a new school. My parents decided to enroll me into Langston High. It'd be terrible to go there.

Why may you ask?

Because it's the top school in both sports and academics. Almost everyone who goes there is rich and popular. It's filled with cruel and judgmental people around every corner.

I did not want to attend Langston.

But sadly, my mom and dad have stubbornly decided to ignore my pleas and got me enrolled for this year.

The only good thing about this is that my best friend Jojo is attending Langston with me. We've been together since I was ten years old, and I'm 16 now.

For six years we were practically inseparable, and now it seems even a stupid fire and school transfer couldn't change that.

So maybe it wouldn't be that bad.

Or it would.

With all the reasons I posted before on why a new school would suck, there's one special reason in particular.

I'm a gay boy who likes to dress in girls clothes.

And who knows how Langston kids would handle that. So I'm deathly afraid. But I'll admit I have a feeling this year will be mostly good.

My name is Jaiden Cole, and welcome to my unexpected adventures in Langston High.