011

╭━ ⋅✶⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅✶⋅ ━╮
DAEGU
MORNING
╰━ ⋅✶⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅✶⋅ ━╯

✧──────✦ jaehwa had the flier for the dojang in hand along with her dobok. if she couldn't use it, then she may as well give it to someone that could. as she walked, her phone buzzed from a notification.

she clicked on the viral hit livestream and noticed the two were running sprinting somewhere. for a split second, she swore they were at the same place as her.

someone yelled from behind her, "jaehwa!"

the girl turned around and saw hobin in front with jihyeok recording while gaeul ran behind. after the first recording incident, her and the group exchanged numbers and they paid for her dinner a few times as a thanks for saving them.

"how did you know where i was?" it was a little creepy, she couldn't lie.

"say hi to the camera first," hobin panted as he put his hands on his knees.

"hi, viewers," the designated sound for donations went off and she looked at the challenge.

'find a girl that isn't paid to be around you'

"what are you streaming for?" she waved to the camera and a few more donations pinged.

"i have my fight with taehoon today."

jaehwa nodded in realization and took a few seconds for it to sink in. to be honest, she really didn't know if he could pull it off. "do you think you're going to win?"

gaeul spoke from behind the camera, "i trust 'em!" jihyeok just avoided eye contact while hobin stood as tall as he could. jaehwa almost chuckled because even when he stood on his toes, he was still an inch or so shorter than her. "where you headin'?"

"a dojang, i think i might volunteer there or something." the three of them nodded, "don't you have to go?"

jihyeok checked the comments and they were all yelling at him for being late to the fight he'd been so confident for. the trio ran off into the alley, and once they turned the corner, jaehwa continued on her merry way to the dojang.

a few minutes later, she knocked on the open door to see if anyone was there. a couple of seconds passed and a middle aged man rounded the corner.

"can i help you?"

she pulled the flier out of her pocket, "i was wondering if i could apply as a volunteer."

"of course! come in, and we can talk for a bit."

jaehwa took her shoes off and set them to the side as she stepped inside. she looked around and noticed it was a little run down, but nothing a day of cleaning couldn't fix. the dobok dropped to the ground as she lowered herself to a sitting position.

"were you an athlete?" the man came back and sat on the mat in front of her.

she nodded to him and pointed to her dobok, "i was at national level but i tore my acl and needed surgery." jaehwa pointed to the knee brace.

"what's your name?"

"park jaehwa," she responded. suddenly he slapped his hand to his leg and looked up at her. "i thought you looked familiar! i used to watch your matches!"

"i hope i live up to expectations then," she chuckled and scratched the nape of her neck.

"i thought you lived in seoul?"

"my parents went on a business trip, so i'm living with my grandmother for the next year."

he hummed in acknowledgement and tapped his thigh for a few seconds. "can you start today? i have a class in a few hours and it would be great to have you."