008

╭━ ⋅✶⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅✶⋅ ━╮
DAEGU
AFTERNOON
╰━ ⋅✶⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅✶⋅ ━╯

✧──────✦ "are you sung taehoon?" a huge man asked in a deep voice. jaehwa stood a few meters behind the beefy man and a smaller man, who were now in her way of getting to her house.

"my friend told me you said he should bring his friends, so here i am. no one gets away with beating up my friend." jaehwa wondered if the man knew that taehoon was a professional fighter.

but before she could finish her thoughts, the smaller guy laid before her feet. jaehwa winced as the body didn't make any move to get up, and just let out pained moans and groans. she looked up and saw everyone staring at her, so she just pushed her foot at him and whispered, "are you dead? the kick wasn't even that strong."

he got up slowly and jaehwa backed away just in case he fell, which he didn't. she watched as a guy crawled around the corner and started recording what was happening.

"aren't you the cameraman from the fight page?" she asked.

"sh!" jihyeok urgently whispered back.

"oops."

"is that taekwondo?" the large man questioned. so he didn't know.

taehoon ignored his question, "do you have 500 won? i wanna go to the arcade."

"are you seriously being cocky right now just because you know a martial art?" she guessed the man was made out of straight beef without room for a brain.

the third man that stood off to the side, already injured and in a splint, seemed like the only one with common sense. "careful dude, that asshole's a pro athlete!"

"pro athlete my ass." he laughed loudly and jaehwa nearly plugged her ears. "can't call him a pro when he's already been cut."

if she were taehoon, she'd have her foot down his throat or up his ass now. especially since they were in somewhat similar circumstances.

"it doesn't count anyways when it's a flashy and useless sport like taekwondo." jaehwa clenched her fists. taekwondo was her life and a fat man was talking as if it was a hot dog eating contest. "how can you say taekwondo is a martial art when you can't even grapple?" now that was just a stupid question.

jaehwa was seriously praising taehoon's ability to hold back. the man was up in his personal space now and her legs tingled in excitement for the upcoming fight.

"taekwondo's just glorified dancing with high kicks."

taehoon had yet to say anything and the suspense was killing her.

"all you gotta do is grab him," taehoon slid off his backpack while the man lunged at him, "and take him down, then you win!"

she did the footwork to dodge him, even if she wasn't the one in the fight. taehoon did the same to dodge and waited until the man processed what happened. jihyeok paled and looked like he was five seconds away from fainting.

he was most likely thinking "how's he this fast!"

the bag from haneul was probably getting wrinkled and deformed from how hard she was gripping it.

taehoon quickly turned around and performed a side kick to the man's nose. blood gushed out of it and if anything, it got jaehwa more excited.

he put his arms up in defense if taehoon decided to do a roundhouse kick. but from his stance, he was obviously going to do a simple side kick. of course it landed straight to his face and jaehwa winced again at the now prominent black eye.