My eyes tear up at the memory of Naomi's raven black hair and chocolate, almond shaped eyes. She always had a dimpled smile on her face and great advice to give. How to forget the delicious food she brought from her house and those chunky spectacles she always wore.

"By eighth grade we became less shy, more talkative. We both brought out the best of each other. She was like the sister I never had. As time passed, we started to grow and change. At some point we changed so drastically we became popular. Kids weren't so mean anymore, we were invited to different activities... I was happy. I was satisfied.

In ninth grade I had my very first date. It was awkward and weird, but despite that it was an experience I'm grateful for. The last three or four years of high school were great. I had a goal, I had friends, I had a boyfriend, I had the love, support and care of my family. What else could I need, right?"

I chuckled bitterly as I remembered the prom night, the day after our graduation. How to forget the embarrassment and the heartbreak.

I felt Loki's burning gaze on me and I looked up, catching his darkened eyes full of worry. I press my lips together, sadly and look down to our hands.

"Unfortunately, the night of our graduation prom, my boyfriend dumped me in front of the whole class. It was devastating. My very first breakup." I smile to myself, remembering that I had my family and best friend by my side then when I thought I would never find another guy like Mark. We had dated since the tenth grade, I had hoped he would be the one. "Despite that, Naomi was there, and so were both of my parents."

"I moved to New York a few months later to start college. Naomi stayed in Colorado, but despite that we never stopped talking to each other. We would visit each other and that was all that mattered to me. My former boyfriend was in the past, and I didn't care about it anymore. I had a future before me and I wasn't going to let a boy ruin it for me."

Loki laughed quietly to himself, probably thinking how I'm stuck in a mess thanks to him... a boy... or well a man. My future is completely flipped upside down because of a man which is ironic.

I join him by also laughing a little before proceeding with the storytelling. "In New York I made friends, I worked hard, I because the top in all my classes. I even had a couple of different dates, and I eventually ended having a new boyfriend. We lasted around four weeks and then he didn't like me anymore. That happened many times during my first two years of college. Then the fateful year came... the year were for the first time ever, I feared for myself."

>> 2 Years Ago<<

The day was lovely. The sun was high in the sky, the traffic wasn't so bad despite living in the city. People weren't so rude that day and I was having a relaxing time at my favorite coffee shop as I finished my history research. Just a few days prior I had gotten a letter saying I had qualified to obtain my practice teacher's license and would start working as a teacher helper in a few weeks.

I was glowing with joy. Or at least it felt like it then.

As I typed away on the computer, I didn't realize there was someone standing in front of my table expectantly.

I heard a low grumble as a man cleared his throat and I jumped a little when I saw a hand near my face. I looked up and smiled awkwardly at the attractive man that had been standing before me.

"I'm sorry for bothering you miss, but the shop is really full and I wanted to sit down... Do you mind if I take this seat?"  The man asked, pointing at the empty chair at the other side of my table. I took a quick look at the seat and then looked back at the man and smiled, giving him a quick nod.