"Don't get too upset by it, Miyeon." Hyunwoo suggested gently. "Daehwan will understand if we're a little late."

"But I didn't want to be late." Miyeon frowned, catching a glimpse of her appearance in the reflection of a dark shop windows and letting her arms untangle and fall to her side. "Fine. So maybe it isn't a social rule. But it's rude."

"Calm down." Seojun swung an arm around Miyeon's shoulder. "It's just around the corner anyway, right?"

"Right." Miyeon looked complacent now, but not really any less annoyed. All this because Seojun and Hyunwoo decided that they wanted to switch around parts of their outfits, both ending up in completely different to what they started in.

Those two becoming friends was turning into a nightmare for her. It wasn't that they were the same person, just that they shared a couple of traits that could end up combining to make a mess of things. One of these was their fashion sense, their humour and a couple of others.

Although despite these similarities, they did retain their main personalities and how they acted around Miyeon, which was all she could ask for. They could act however they liked between each other, but with her it only showed itself in little bursts.

They turned the corner, but by a sudden crowd and the Hwang girl being pulled closer into Seojun, head bumping into his shoulder and those incredibly annoying strands of hair that never flatten no matter what tickled at the exposed skin of his neck.

When the crowd of people clears, the three trainees are exposed to the rather bright café front, and Miyeon nods to it. "Come on. And don't say anything about the choice of breakfast place."

"Why would we?" Hyunwoo asks, but any other words clearly died in his throat before he got a chance to ask. Miyeon had led them in through the door into the café - but really it was more of an American-style diner, right from the red leather booths and black and white checked floor.

Menus were written up on colourful-toned boards, and the English equivalent written below it in that blocky, swirled font that appears all over western media who take on that convention. It was vibrant, it was cosy in a strange sort of way and some of the best music was playing from an actual jukebox in the corner.

"You can pick the songs out as well." Miyeon hummed, having noticed the interest that Seojun had taken in it. He nodded slightly, tearing his gaze away and looking around the rest of the café. "I sent Daehwan my address and said he could pick out a place near it - I didn't know what everyone would want for breakfast so..."

"Did I choose well?" The youngest of INDIGO was smiling up at them from his booth, which Miyeon had conveniently stopped beside. "I thought that it would be fun.. says the food is pretty authentic - if that makes sense at all. Proper comfort food."

"Oh yeah, definitely a good choice." Miyeon confirmed, ushering Hyunwoo and Seojun to sit down, sliding into the seat besides Daehwan. "Me, Sooa and Jugyeong always come here for breakfast after we have a sleepover."

"So what do you recommend?" Another voice joined the fray and the four looked up to see Kenji running his hands through his hair, pushing it back. "What? Budge over."

As per his instructions, Daehwan moved closer to the window and Miyeon was subsequently squished between the oldest and youngest.

"Kenji.. Dae never mentioned you were coming?" Hyunwoo's voice lilted upwards with questioning, his words a very polite way of saying 'why the hell are you here?'.

"I caught him as he was about to leave. And seeing as you two were already here.. I decided to come along." Kenji shrugged. "Besides, there wasn't any food in the fridge for breakfast and I'm pretty sure the girls went to do the food shop seeing as they don't have a schedule until later on."

"Right.." Seojun nodded, pulling his phone out and looking through his own schedule - he might have heard about it from Miyeon but he was yet to actually see his own. But considering how all of the boys were currently sat beside and across from him, they didn't have anything on yet. 

"So how was Miyeon's apartment?" Daehwan asked, sitting up in his seat. "I've heard from Chanmi that it's pretty nice and.. luxurious." There were further implications to his worrds, ones that most likely directed towards what they knew about Miyeon's upbringing, as told by Seojun and Hyunwoo themselves.

"You've got that right." Hyunwoo paused as a woman appeared holding several plates of food. "Did you order before we got here?" 

"I added orders to my message." Miyeon replied dismissively. "I have an entire list of your food preferences, seeing how fussy you all can get. Thank you." She smiled up at the waitress, looking over the plates and sliding one over to each of the boys. 

The members of Indigo were somewhat speechless. It wasn't not known that the Hwang girl always took particular interest in what they did and didn't like, but it was somewhat rare for the extent of her knowledge to be displayed right in front of them.

"Yeah.. it's luxurious. Seojun seemed to be particularly comfortable there." Hyunwoo wriggled his eyebrows and Kenji let out a laugh, Daehwan being a little more oblivious to it. 

"Very funny." Seojun grumbled, but it did ease a little of the jealousy that seemed to arise at times, especially sedated when he saw the small smile that Miyeon had arranged on her lips, hiding it by letting hair fall into her face as she sipped her milkshake. 

She raised her head seconds later, continuing to talk about how she got the apartment, brushing off the comments about her father's wealth like they were nothing, occasionally meeting Seojun's eye and offering more pretty grins.

It was things like that which only reminded the Han boy of their shared feelings and pushed him towards acting on them. But then he would see Jugyeong and realise that he needed to get over it and ask her out so he could finally organise himself.

Because even if it seemed like it, Suho wouldn't stay in America forever. He was going to return eventually, and then Seojun would loose his chance. He just needed to get the courage to ask her and be rejected.

That was all.

❛ AUTHORS NOTE ━━ so what does everyone think vivid's debut song will be? or if you have any suggestions for it?