Elena's jaw dropped a little at the sight. "You know you really didn't need to do all of this" she said, looking at Damon.

Damon smiled and shook his head. "I don't mind. I wanted to." He said and began serving her a plate making sure to get her some of everything. "Plus it's a good distraction." He added setting the plate in front of her along with a glass of juice.

"Thank you," Elena said. "And at least one of us has a distraction. If I tried cooking by myself, this house might burn down"

Damon snorted. "Yeah I don't doubt it. Which is why I plan on cooking for you from now on. It keeps me preoccupied, it keeps you healthy, and as a bonus, it also prevents you from burning your house down."

"Well, I'm sure Jeremy and I both appreciate the last bit. " she said, starting to eat. She hesitated and pulled out her phone, sending Ric a quick message. Elena set her phone on the table after texting Ric that she wanted to get training to defend herself. She continued eating her food.

Damon chuckled a little and took a seat next to her. "I'd be glad to cook for you any time you want." Granted he figured that once Stefan was back to normal, she would have him cook instead. At least he could enjoy these moments with her in the meantime. He looked at her, smiling a little as he observed her. "Why don't we go out today?

"Well as nice as that sounds, I hate to remind you of the situation, but Klaus wants Stefan to keep an eye on me. We can try. But I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up. Or watched us from a distance" Elena said

Damon rolled his eyes, already having been expecting that. "Well I can't believe I'm saying this, but that's where the she-devil might actually come in handy. If she's still busy chasing after him, he might be a little preoccupied."

"Maybe" Elena said, looking at him at that. "I hope you're right. The last think I want is to be stalked or bodyguarded by humanity-less Stefan"

"I know. Believe me it's the last thing I want too." Damon sighed softly. He wasn't worried about Stefan hurting Elena. Not physically anyway. But all he wanted was to make Elena happy. And that wouldn't happen if they ran into him. It was why, as much as he hated himself for doing it, he sent a quick text to Katherine, asking her to keep Stefan preoccupied for a while. "But why don't we at least try okay? Surely it's not going to kill us." He grinned.

Elena sighed a little and nodded. "We can try." She said, though she did later want to figure out a way to save Stefan.

Damon's smile widened at that. "Good. Because you need a distraction. And I'd be more than happy to give you that." He said quietly. He felt tempted to reach for her hand, but in the end he decided against it.

Elena looked at Damon at his words. "What do you have in mind?"

Damon grinned and shook his head. "Oh no you don't. That's a surprise. We can do anything you'd like later. But first there's something I want to do with you. Something that'll definitely get your mind off everything."

Elena had the ghost of a smile form as she finished up her apple juice. A few months ago, she would have been wary of whatever plan he had, but she trusted him. Even though he had lied to her for months, keeping the secret that Stefan was killing people, that leads were panning out, he had been there for her, helped keep her sane. And he continued to do so all summer. She had her friends, who were very important to her. But they had been caught up in their own problems lately. She didnt need to ask them