chapter 6

Chapter 2: Receiving the Knights.

"Don't back off!!"

At the commander's command, the Knights advanced with thunderous shouts.

Many soldiers followed the commander, just like fire moths that rushed forward, and so many lives were lost.

Someone in that crowd was someone's only precious child, and someone dreamed of going back with a smile and a chat until yesterday.

There were some who waited for their wife who was pregnant with the youngest child in their hometown, and some said they would return to their hometown and farm after this war.

These were boring and ubiquitous stories. Which war would not have had such people? Everyone knew that even one soldier was precious to someone.

But they were not my family. So it was someone else's story, and it was just a war story.

They were the commanders who fought with them and they are also the ones that drove them into war, dead.

The result was a victory, but they disappeared like sand in their hands and did not return.

"Oh, my god!"

Waking up in bed, Naella clutched her chest as if she could not breathe.

She felt someone hold my trembling hand.

"It's okay. Calm down... it's okay, breathe."

As if this was familiar, Jian slowly stroked Naella's back. How many people would know Naella crouching and shaking like this?

Jian has long realized that there is some hidden truth behind her eyes. She needs someone to protect her from falling.

"Shall I bring you water to drink as usual and water to wash your hands?"

Naella nodded with an impression that the aftermath of her dream was still lingering. Before Jian glanced at her, another maid came in with a bowl of water and a bucket of water. The only person who is familiar with this is Jian.

"Here."

After pouring water into the glass, Naella needed to wash her hands. I didn't have the strength, but I put my hands in a bowl and scrubbed it thoroughly and cut my hands.

"Marden, the butler arrived early in the morning."

Naella stopped washing her hands as the smell of perfume filled the room with a sharp nose. The hands were still red, but they had been wiped before.

Seeing that she stopped washing my hands,  she felt like the smell of blood hovering around my nose had gone. Jian poured the perfume into Naella's hand, rubbed it gently, and chatted. She had to stop thinking about the nightmare or else I will be reminded of it.

"There was a problem on one side of the border and the Grand Duke rushed out. He won't be back in a few days. Lord Vantmore says he's still here, but it's funny. You're telling me not to fool around because the captain is here, and he is watching? I've felt it before, but he's a straightforward person."

As Jian talked nonstop, the voices in her head gradually decreased. Only then, Naella came back to her senses and grasped her face.

"On a day when I had a nightmare, something always happened."

Jian shrugged her shoulders.

"Something just happened, but there were a lot of good things, right? I'm sure something good will happen today."