Chapter 4 - Battle

Start from the beginning

"Sorry."

Natasha smiles, "No. We could use a little worse."

"Stark? We got him." Steve smiles.

"Banner?"

Steve nods, "Just like you said."

"Then tell him to suit up. I'm bringing the party to you." Tony comes flying from behind a building, the huge alien following.

"I... I don't see how that's a party..." I say, looking at Steve confused.

Bruce starts to walk towards it, "Dr. Banner. Now might be a really good time for you to get angry." Steve nods:

"That's my secret, Captain. I'm always angry."

Suddenly his skin starts to stretch and turn green, soon he is huge. His fist slams into the face of the large alien,

Tony blasts it, killing it instantly. My wings wrap around Natasha to protect her as the explosion happens above us:

She nods at me and looks up, "Guys." She points to the hundreds of aliens pouring out.

"Call it, Cap." Tony says.

"Alright, listen up. Until we can close that portal up there, we're gonna use containment. Barton, I want you on that roof, eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays. Stark, you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back or your turn it to ash." Steve points.

"Wanna give me a lift?" Clint asks.

"Right. Better clench up, Legolas." They fly off.

"Y/N and Thor, you've gotta try and bottleneck that portal. Slow them down. You've both got the lightning. Light the bastards up." Steve nods at us.

I kick off the ground and fly up, landing on a building next to Thor, lighting surrounds his building, killing the aliens attached. I hold my hands up and create a large storm, striking the lighting at the aliens leaving the portal.

I fly down and blast the aliens along the way, landing next to Steve as I noticed he was alone. I look over to watch him fighting, a soft smile spreads across my face.

I walk closer as I take out the last alien for the moment. "I was wrong about you Captain." I smirk. "Your not overrated."

"Thanks." He smirks, watching me fly off.

I flip back and forth, blasting aliens as I go. "I can close it! Can anybody hear me? I can shut the portal down!" Natasha yells.

"Do it!" Steve yells as I fly down next to him.

"No, wait!" Tony suddenly says.

"Stark, these things are still coming!"

"I got a nuke coming in, it's gonna blow in less than a minute. And I know just where to put it." Tony says.

Steve and I look up as we see him lifting it towards the portal. "Stark, you know that's a one-way trip?"

Tony doesn't say anything, I stare up as he disappears through the portal.

For what seems like forever, the aliens finally starts to shake and die around us. We all smile as we see him comes back.

"Son of a gun!" Steve smiles.

Our smiles fade as he doesn't slow down, "He's not slowing down!" I jump up and fly towards him. I cradle him in my arms and gently hover down to the ground, I lay him down softly as Steve takes off his helmet. Steve tries to find a heartbeat but shakes his head. "No..no no no!" I shake my head.

I gently place two fingers on his forehead, trying to wake him up.

"Ahhhh!" He looks around. "What the hell? What just happened? Please tell me nobody kissed me?"

I smile and wipe my stray tears. "We won." I nod.

"Alright. Hey. Alright. Good job, guys. Let's just not come in tomorrow. Let's just take a day. Have you ever tried shawarma? There's a shawarma joint about two blocks from here. I don't know what it is, but I wanna try it." He nods.

"We're not finished yet.." Thor looks up.

"And then shawarma after." Tony nods. "Hey are you crying?"

"I guess I am." I smile, helping him up.

"The Angel has a soft spot for me."

"I think I have one for all of you." I smile at the others.

Loki was taken back to Asgard, Thor promised to show me his home one day. The rest of us split up...this team....this lovely dysfunctional team would forever be in my heart.

My first friends.

We knew that we would always be here for each other....whenever we needed.

———————————-

"Y/N!" Peter rushes into my arms, my wings wrap around him lovingly as I hold him. "I saw you on the TV! May and I were so worried!"

"I'm okay...the bad guy is gone." I kiss his head.

"I got to go home from school! It was so awesome! You were like this!" He stands and starts pretending to blast and punch aliens.

I smile to myself and watch him.....he's the reason I want to keep this world safe.