Blood Moon

Picture isn't mine, it was taken by my amazing friend Arwen, bc all I could get was a photo of a white dot.

———
"Come on Tartar! We'll miss it!" the little sea cucumber ran out the house, camera in hand, staring at the sky. The octoling soon followed, carrying a telescope.

CQ sat down on a patch of grass and continued to look up at the sky. Tartar stood nearby, staring too. CQ looked back at him and smiled before saying "Come on, over here" Tartar managed to smile back.

He put the telescope down and started to set it up, next to his Qy. "I meant sit..." Tartar continued "Blood moon only lasts so long" he had a point, wouldn't want to miss seeing it up close.

CQ stared at the bright red moon, it was such a pretty sight. CQ had an appreciation for space, when your skin looks like a galaxy you kinda have to. And Tartar being a total nerd, it was a nice thing they could both enjoy together.

"All set up if you wanna look." Tartar was already staring through the lens. "Definitely!". Tartar picked up CQ and held him to the lens.

CQ took many photos, with and without the telescope. Tartar had laid down on his back, relaxing and watching the sky.

Tiny hands were now on his chest.

"cq..."

"Tartar"

CQ then laid on top Tartar, staring at the sky too. They fell asleep under the stars and the blood moon.

(Blood moon rn so decided to write a oneshot within an hour.)