Prologue

***

"The patient is in coma state now. He's overdose from swallowing an alcohol poison and it's good that you brought him here immediately, otherwise he might have died."

It was as if I was weakened by what I heard. He's comatose? Why did this happen to him? Have I neglected him? At paano naman siya nakainom ng alcohol? Ang daming tanong sa isipan ko. Ang bilis ng pangyayari. Parang kanina lang, ang saya-saya pa niya.

Ngayon na nga lang ulit kami nagkasama pagkatapos ng tatlong linggo at ito pa ang madadatnan kong mangyari sa kaniya? The corners of my eyes became warm and I clung tightly to Eda.

"Don't worry, it will all be well. Let's just wait for him to wake up," the doctor said lastly before he left.

I slowly leaned against the wall as my tears flowed. My chest was throbbing with the thought of my child's situation. This was the first time Krayn had been hospitalized, of course, because he's still young, but it was comatose... He was too young to be comatose.

"He'll survive, girl. You know how strong your son is," Eda assured me.

"I hope."

She left me for a moment to buy some water while I entered the room where Krayn was. And I cried again when I saw him. There was oxygen attached on his face.

My baby... I never thought this would come to him, dahil kampante ako sa kaniya nang ibilin ko siya sa yaya niya. He was a healthy boy and strong, but now?

I sighed.

I watched him for a few minutes before deciding to go out to get some air. I took a deep breath and started walking with as much confidence as ever, even though I didn't want people to see me like this.

I turned into the other hallway and my breath hitched as my mind went blank for a second.

We automatically stopped walking.

God... how did this happen?

The man I had been with, a few years ago was now standing in front of me. His eyes were surprise despite his strong expression.

I couldn't utter a word.

We were staring at each other and I maintained my straight face. Kahit namamaga ang mga mata ko, wala akong pakialam dahil alam ko sa sarili kong maganda ako.

After a few seconds his face turned emotionless and that was the time for me to pass him.

Napabuga ako ng hangin. The loud thump in my chest still lingered as I kept walking, not knowing where to go. Lumulutang lang ang isip ko sa mga biglaang pangyayari.

My feelings and emotions mixed from my son's situation to the sudden appearance of his father.

__