Because of how he's been acting I've worn nothing but jeans all week. I wasn't in the mood to wear the clothes he bought me just because of his distance.

So I've settled with simple clothing. Like today, wearing light ripped jeans, a white/gray bodysuit with a soft white fuzzy jacket over it and my black heels. My hair in my natural waves. I adjust my jacket and head towards the door.

 I adjust my jacket and head towards the door

Where are you going?" He asks flatly.

"To Ace's." I answer.

"Is there a reason?" He asks.

"Yes." I answer.

"To see if I could get my job back." I add.

"Excuse me?" He asks and I halt and turn around to face him.

"You're quitting?" He asks. I don't answer and he sighs and stands up.

"You need a two week notice." He smirks slightly.

"Consider this my two weeks notice then." I shrug.

"You can't quit." He says.

"I can." I respond.

"Why do you want to, Selena?" He asks and walks around his desk, leaning up against it. Now he's back to Selena.

"Because this isn't a good idea. You're acting weird and are avoiding me and keeping your distance and it's killing me thinking I did something wrong." I answer.

"And maybe seeing each other everyday isn't helping. I don't know why you wanted me to work for you here. We're gonna grow tired of each other eventually, this was sooner than I thought but hey.. point proven." I add.

"I'm not tired of you." He frowns.

"Then what the hell did I do?" I ask, my voice raising slightly.

"You didn't do anything Selena." He sighs and pinches his nose.

"That's not what you're showing me. Can you just tell me?" I ask.

"I can't do this." He sighs and runs his hands through his hair.

"Do what?..." I ask though I can feel what's coming.

"This. Us. I can't do it." He mumbles but I heard it clear as day.

I feel a lump rise in my throat. He tells me I did nothing wrong but decides he can't be with me?

"And it took you an entire week of ignoring me to tell me that?" I ask lowly.

"You know you can be honest with me." I add.

"I know." He nods.

"Then why weren't you?" I ask.

"Because I needed to make sure that ending what we are is what I want. And thinking over it.. it is what I want." He answers.

"I rushed into this. I made a mistake from the beginning. That date was never supposed to happen. I shouldn't have interfered with the auction. I shouldn't have taken you out. All this was just a mistake. I'm not capable of being committed to you. I didn't cheat so don't think that, but I can't put a relationship before my daughter or my family or my business. Adriana suddenly wants a court order over custody of Lily and I can't lose her. I have you to thank for even having a relationship with her but I need to focus on her.. and Adriana is going through some things and I need to be there for her. You.. you aren't a high priority to me at the moment. There's much bigger things I need to focus on. I'm.. I'm sorry." He says and I look down at the floor and blink back the stupid fucking tears that were brimming.

"Okay." I nod while saying it quietly. I want to ask why.

Why all of the sudden and what the hell I did wrong to have this be the outcome but I don't trust my voice.

"Okay...?" He asks.

"That's all you have to say?" He asks again. I shrug and he sighs.

"Are you.. upset?" He asks tentatively.

I sigh and bite my bottom lip to prevent it from trembling.

"Yeah.." I say, the word barely coming out a whisper. I look up at him and see him looking directly back at me.

"But I get it." I nod with a sad sympathetic smile.

He sighs and rubs his chin.

"I still need you as my assistant." He says.

"I'm gonna go talk to Ace. See if me and April can switch." I say.

"No Selena I want you to be m-"

"I better head on out now before he leaves." I interrupt him and head towards the doors.

Exiting the building I find my car in the parking lot and get inside. I waited until I got to my car to allow the few tears slip from my eyes.

 I waited until I got to my car to allow the few tears slip from my eyes

I just want to know why and what. Like honestly, what the hell did I do wrong? I try and think back to the rest of that weekend for any mistakes I could have made, but it went so well.

The morning after our..... intimacy, we had gone to work and everything was fine. It wasn't until last Thursday when he started acting weird.

It's now Friday, it's been an entire week of his oddness and distance. Only to have him break up with me for god knows what it was I must have done.

This is why I didn't want to get involved with him. But I don't regret it. I feel so much for him. I care about him like crazy and that's odd for me since it was only a month of being together.

But my feelings were more than just like. He made me happy, made me feel safe. Can turn any sour mood I'm in into making me smile and giggle like a schoolgirl.

With him I actually feel beautiful and feel I'm worth something. Because that's what he makes me feel.

And now I just.....

I just.....

I just feel useless all over again.

┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ꕥ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈

|End|