She turned her gaze to find the serious e/cs staring at each other. "Sir Argon just came and left after asking us about Mrs. Jadeith's house."

"Well, he could be a spy sent by someone."

"But don't you think it's too obvious?"

Her fingers clicked, a small smirk spreaded in delightment. "For the meantime, why don't you rest back in the hotel, Anwyll?" He blinked once again, dumbfounded一as if what she said was something out of surprise.

"We have a court coming. So get yourself a great rest."

***

"Y/n."

She turned her head to look at who called her一her cousin, Jean Ghunnhildr. The h/c haired stopped fidgeting with her outfit, focused with Jean's presence.

"Master Jean, welcome. It's an honor for your presence in my brother's first trial," she spoke, plastering her polite smile to the blonde. Eyes daggered to the knights behind Jean, as if she was threatening them一or rather, one of the member in the group.

"How have you been?" Jean asked, trying to lighten up the mood. "Not bad, thank you, and you?" Y/n's question almost sounded like a threat一just, what's gotten into the h/c?

"...good luck in the court, Ms L/n."

"Thank you, Grandmaster."

The group of knights left一except for the calvary captain, smiling but was unamused. "Afternoon, Sir Kariah."

"Kaeya," he corrected.

"Close enough. How can I help you?" She could read someone like a book, if that's how people could describe her.

"Straight to the point?" His well known smirk plastered on his face, something Y/n would always see on him if she ever talked to Kaeya.

She gave no response, quiet, even her face expression didn't change a single bit.

The reason her stare was threatening was obviously meant to someone一Kaeya Alberich.

"Let's discuss something about your brother tomorrow morning."

Her eyebrows narrowed, why not now? Why didn't he tell now? Before she could speak a word一he had joined in the group.

***

"She's... dead?"

Diluc nodded his head, leaning on the chair as he let out a sigh. The grape juice sat on the table, water wavered, following the situation's noise. The only thing that lit up the tavern was the lamp, no one else was in the place other than Y/n and Diluc.

"H-how...? He could be free if she's.."

He tapped his finger on the table, lost in deep thoughts. "Not only she was murdered, the people I hired died as well," he informed solely.

Now, she was lost at thought, unable to process what was going on. "B-but, if she's killed, then... there could be rumors spreaded that Anwyll was framed."

Diluc crossed his arm to another, shaking his head in disagreement, in any kinds of thoughts she gave, it would only end up in disapprovement.

At least it was useful.

"You can't expect that to happen. If the Favonius is a clean organization, then there's chances your brother will be free with one case. But if it's not一"

"Please watch the way you talk, Master Diluc," she warned, sending a dagger stare straight at him. "Jea一Master Jean can be trusted."

"She can be trusted, but not the Favonius."

She gripped her dress, averting his gaze. "Please reconsider your words. They're our only hope."

"Your hope."

That's right, things were only on Y/n's shoulder, not Diluc's. She should be the one to reconsider her words一but the way he corrected, irked her. "Right, my only hope. My apologies."

"There's no need for you to apologize."

She held in the sigh that had been demanding her to let it out. "I won't help you any further. I've cleared misunderstandings with the Favonius about the chamber. The rest is all yours."

She fell into the void of silence, lost in her own thinking. Everything was set blurred in her head, fogs came to clump into one. "If things gone hetic, stop it." His warning snapped her back to the reality, gaze came back to the rubies.

His eyebrows narrowed, body leaned forward to her. Silence cold night with the usual calm atmosphere quickly shifted into suspenseful. "What will happen if I don't?"

"Then it's your lost."

She sighed, displeased with the answer given to her. "I'll take your words into consideration."

He hummed in response, short after, the atmosphere shifted back to the calming silence night, as if nothing had happened.

...

"Y/n, someone's here for you."

She looked up from the stained glass, met eyes with the same eyes she'd been wishing not to see. The last thing she wanted to do to start her morning with, Diane Lysafia.

Oh, Diane, Diane... she could make out a poem about how much her chest burned and eyes raged for the blonde.

"Welcome to Angel's Share, how may I help you?" She asked, forcing herself to smile. "Well, I'm here to tell you something."

"I'm sorry, there's no "well, I'm here to tell you" in our menu," she spoke solely. Diane let out her infamous chuckle, setting everyone's focus on her. From her luxurious bag, she took out a card. What seemed to be an invitation card and gave it to the busy h/c.

"What's this?"

"Open it, that's why I gave you the card. It's a surprise for my baby here." Her e/c glanced from the card to Diane's third-month pregnancy stomach. Her heart couldn't stop beating furiously, she was deeply overwhelmed just by the touch of the card.

She turned, glancing at what's written there:

'You're invited!
From: Diane Lysafia and Robert L/n
For: Y/n L/n'

Invited to what? Invited to her cemetery? Invited to a birthday party? She couldn't remember anyone's birthday, even her own.

"Well? Open it. Don't leave both of us hanging." Hand trailed to carasse the baby inside her pouch. Her finger tips traced to the gold flake around the card.

Her heart palpated, unable to focus on the written letters well一"Y/n, you're here! Did you forget our small planned date?"

Oh, thank goodness, someone came to save her.

Or maybe just a coincidence.

"Sir Kariah, of course! How could I forget?"

****

Hi, I've finished my exams! Now time to wait for my report--oof that sounds a bit... yeah.

Anyway, thanks for reading and I'm planning to make a book, maybe it'll be released around two or three days (might get cancelled)

I'm also in a progress writing a story for Xingqiu, Petrichor.

If you have the time, please check out my other fanfic, Hiraeth! And the others too, haha!

See you and have a good day!