17

I walked out of the bathroom to see Fallon still asleep

I walked out of the bathroom to see Fallon still asleep. I walked to the kitchen and started making breakfast for us. 

"Woah look at you," Fallon said walking towards me.

"Pancakes, syrup and fruit with a black coffee, 2 sugars piping hot?" I asked handing Fallon the plate. Fallon chuckled.

"You're amazing," Fallon said sitting down. "So where did you sneak off to this morning?" 

"I went for a run came back showered and got dressed before making breakfast," I said.

"You seem in a good mood," Fallon said.

"I am in a good mood. I've got counselling with the school guidance counsellor and then after school, I've got AA," I said.

"And the outfit?" Fallon asked.

"Dress like you own the bank not like you need a loan from it," I said eating some blueberries.

"You're taking this seriously aren't you?" Fallon asked.

"Well I'm serious about us and I figure the best way to show that is to be serious about me," I said. We sat eating and talking until my door burst open.

"I'd appreciate it if you left the door on the hinges," I said.

"Hiram Lodge has this huge plan and everyone I've spoken to refuses to go on record about the bad things he's done. Last week you said something about New York," Jughead said.

"Jug, I'm sorry but I won't go on record against Hiram," I said.

"Veronica has moved onto Archie. How many people are you going to let get hurt before you do something to stop him?" Jughead screamed at me. 

"This isn't about Veronica. I'm over her," I said.

"How? By sleeping with another preppy?" Jughead snarked.

"Shut up. Fallon and I are friends and we don't sleep together. The reason I won't go on record is because if I did I could end up implicating myself. I wasn't just dealing drugs for him, it was firearms, I was laundering money, a bunch of highly illegal things that the cops don't know about. And even if I could confess Hiram would send me to prison hell he'd do worse he'd kill me and put my head in Dad's bed, or he'd come after Alana because he knows how to screw with people. Hiram is lethal Jughead and if you're not careful he'll put a bigger hit on you than the Ghoulies did," I warned.

"If you want to protect Alana then you'd do something about Hiram or we could all be dead. Don't pretend like you care when you're still hung up on Veronica even though she saw you for who you are and cut bait. You're a toxic deadbeat asshole with drug addiction and an unhealthy relationship with alcohol who's never gonna make it out of this town," Jughead threatened with his voice getting louder and louder.

"Get out Jughead, I mean it I can't be arsed to deal with your bitchy attitude," I said. Fallon looked at me.

"Whoever you are I hope you see AJ for what she really is sooner rather than later or she'll drag your ass down with her because she doesn't care about who she hurts. I mean she stuffed a kid in a freezer then dropped the body in a river," Jughead said to Fallon.