18

I was sat in the classroom with the serpents and we were pissed at Jughead

"You promised us a war. Then you're on stage looking like Buddy Holly, sucking up to the Northside?" Sweet Pea asked.

"We need their votes, Sweet Pea. It's the only way that we can affect any change. Whoever's elected gets a seat on the School Board. That means we're on the inside, that means that they can't silence us."  My brother tried.

"You and the Northside princess, you mean?" Fangs asked looking at Betty.

"Wait, is that why you guys are pissed? Betty's on our side!" Jughead said.

"Yeah. I've helped the Serpents on numerous occasions. I helped find the Pickens statue's head, I got Cheryl to testify in court so FP, your king, could get early parole." Betty said.

"You did all that for your boyfriend, not the Serpents." Sweet Pea said.

"If you did it for the Serpents you would have gotten AJ on early parole too," Fangs said.

"All right, take it down, Sweet Pea and Fangs..." Jughead said.

"What, it's only a matter of time before she bails on us, just like her mother." Sweet Pea spat.

"Okay, so your objections aren't even about me, they're about my mom..." Betty trailed off.

"Her legacy, yeah. She's an enemy of the Serpent State taking shots at us in the Register for years, blaming us for crimes we didn't commit. Running with a turncoat's daughter is a slap in the face. And for that reason alone, you're not getting the Serpent vote." I said standing up.

"What say do you have AJ?" Jughead spat.

"Just because you've finally respected the serpents doesn't make you one of them. For years you bashed us your own family while the rest of us fought for the Serpents for years," I spat. "Now if you'll excuse me I have the training," I grabbed my bag and walked out.

Timeskip

I was working on my car in the garage when Toni and Veronica walked in.

"AJ, we need your help. We think Cheryl is at the sisters of quiet mercy, do they do gay conversion?" Toni asked.

"Yeah, it's one of the few places in the country that still does conversion therapy. Off the books, of course." I said.

"What the hell decade is this?" Toni asked.

"During Prohibition, the Sisters ran a distillery in the basement. They used to smuggle booze out to Sweetwater River via a tunnel that still exists today." I said.

"Wait, a tunnel we could use to get to Cheryl?" Veronica asked. I nodded.

"And you know how to get to the tunnel?" Toni asked.

"Yeah. But there's one more thing. The sisters use drugs to make people easier to get rid of their "demons"," I said.

"How do you know this?" Veronica asked.

"I know every hiding hole in town including where to find myself a nice hookup," I said.

"We'll go in you just stand guard," Toni said. 

"Sure," I said.

Timeskip

I was sat in the car waiting for Toni to come out of the Pembrooke with Veronica. They came out and I drove to the sisters leading the girls up to the tunnel.

"According to my Intel, the tunnel that leads from the main residence comes out here," I said.

"Okay. That's our way in, then. All right, AJ, you stay here. If we're not back in minutes, call Sheriff Keller." Veronica said. I nodded the girls went through the tunnels and I lit a cigarette smoking. The girls came with Cheryl and I slammed the gate shut jamming it with a crowbar. We ran back to the car. As I was driving my phone started ringing. It was Fallon.

F: Hey,

A: You missing me Carrington?

F: Why does it sound like you're in a car?

A: Because I'm definitely not in a car driving.

F: Put me on speaker you idiot. Have you even got your license yet?

A: Don't ask questions you don't want answers to. I'll call you back when I get home.

F: Alright bye.

A: Bye.

Timeskip

We were sat in the classroom of the Swords and the Serpents

"I asked Jughead to thank you for me, but I reconsidered because I wanted to do it myself. So, thank you for what you did. I also wanted you to hear it directly from me that I am done attacking and disavowing the Southside. It's where I'm from, and I should be proud of that. And from now on, I will be. And like my daughter, I will fight tooth and nail for it." Alice Cooper said. The bell rang. We all turned to leave.

"AJ can you hold back a second?" Mrs Cooper asked. I nodded.

"I'm not responsible for Alana punching that kid," I said.

"No it's not about that. You've done more for Alana than FP and I have and instead of thanking you for that I've just constantly been bashing you so you'll be glad to know I won't do it again," Mrs Cooper said.

"I've got thick skin Mrs Cooper, I can take a couple of bashing," I said.

"I saw your arm AJ," Mrs Cooper said.

"Boxing injury that was," I said.

"Alana's enlightened me that you're kidnapping her to go to college with you and I'm sure she'd love that," Mrs Cooper said.