We Might Be Dead By Tomorrow

Start from the beginning

Josh.

We planned the wedding for four months. It has been four months since he proposed to me. In that four months, all we did was to plan and plan. We worked hard. Josh was planning to build his own business without his father's help. He's trying to be independent. Although I told him that he was already, and he said he's not yet that independent. Everyday, both of us are growing on each other. My friends including Chad, Christine and Eunice have never been so supportive until now. It was a happy environment. Just like what he promised me.

All I need to do is to accept it.

For all we know, we might be dead by tomorrow.

Time flies fast. If I don't do it now, then when? When I'm finally shivering to death, trying to grasp on a rope, regretting every single day that I forbid happiness to enter inside my system? I don't think so.

I smiled to myself.

Yes Adrian, that's it.

I will be happy. I will accept what I have. I will waste no time. I will be invincible. I will love my family, my friends and my lover until my last breath.

That's an obligation to fulfill.

"This is it." I looked at myself in the mirror as I fix my tie. I'm still in the dressing room waiting for the signal. I have been told to not go anywhere and just stay here. Geez. I've been waiting for thirty minutes.

Someone knocked on the door. I opened it just to see a beautiful tall and handsome, blonde young man whose name is Chad. "Hey." He waved.

I smiled. "Come in."

"So... you're getting married. Time really flies faster than a lightning isn't it?"

I chuckled. "I guess. It's been a year too isn't it? Wow. Who would have thought? Last time I checked, we're just talking to each other about future, eating pizza and things like that. "

"I know right? But nonetheless, you're here, you're getting married and you're going to be tied up forever. But anyway." Chad said and shrugged. "I came here to give this." He gave me an envelope. My eyebrows creased.

"What's this?"

"I should be asking you the same question Adrian. What's this?" He said looking at me with that worried smile.

My eyes rolled when I realized what it was."Chad... This is for emergency. Why'd you spoil this?" I said getting irritated.

"When are you planning to tell me?"

"I don't know... when I'm dying I guess?" I said looking down. Oh no! Don't cry you stupid idiot! You're going to ruin your make up. I looked down on my shoes. It's my idea to write as many letter as I can for Josh just in case I die tomorrow or later or whenever. I don't want to leave him hanging. But it's not like I'm gonna die now, I can still go up to forty's and the likes.

But... just in case yea?

Chad hugged me and patted my back. "I promise to do my job for you Adrian." I let go of him and smiled. But as usual, there are tears on my cheeks. "Geez Adrian, don't cry. You're not gonna die from Parkinson's. You're gonna die from depression. You cry so much."