Chapter 10 - 𝑨 𝑺𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝑴𝒊𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒑

Start from the beginning

It was surveillance footage of the kitchen.

"Let's watch it together and see what actually made you this distressed. I doubt it was only because of a little bump in with someone." Kenma had yet to watch the footage, but something about your story just wasn't sitting right with him.

He clicked play and the woman in question froze, watching all the events take place again, but this time from a different perspective.

After all the footage replayed the room fell into silence.

Kenma looked at you expectantly. "Well...?" He figured you'd probably say something now. "What was that all about?"

"I told you I was being clumsy Kenma..it's really no big deal." [Y/n] insisted. It was over with now, so it made no sense re-living it.

"Why didn't you push her back?" Sure he shouldn't have been encouraging this type of behavior from his employees, but hell. The man couldn't believe [Y/n] actually just stood there and got a fool made out of her.

"That's against protocol sir," she explained.

He sighed, clicking his intercom button. "Bella bring me an ice-bag please."

Against protocol? It's not like [Y/n] planned on reporting the incident to him in the first place so either way she wasn't following protocol.

The man got up from his seat and signaled you sit down. "You can't let people bully you [Y/n]."

"Sorry sir."

"You don't have to call me sir." It felt weird.

"Sorry Kenma." [Y/n] corrected herself.

Bella brought him the ice bag that he had requested and with a small nod he dismissed her.

Turning around, he walked over to the chair you were sitting on. "Unbutton your shirt." He was sure you'd been burned.

Thinking nothing of it she listened. "It's really not as bad as it looks Kenma..." she tried explaining.

He looked at your chest and scorned a little before putting the ice pack on. "[Y/n]. This looks like it hurts." Now Kenma wasn't listening to you because you obviously didn't care about your own well-being as much as he did.

"It's just some hot water." [Y/n] had burned herself countless times making Taiyo's formula and Kenma was acting like it was the end of the world.

Yeah...now he was positive—you were obviously delusional, because there was an entire mark; that was an entirely different colour from the rest of your skin, beginning to form, and you were acting like it was just a light scratch.

"You're going to go back into the kitchen and you're taking me with you to show me the woman who did this." He'd deal with it himself since you refused to take matters into your own hands.

" He'd deal with it himself since you refused to take matters into your own hands