Chapter 10 - 𝑨 𝑺𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝑴𝒊𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒑

Start from the beginning

'A mini fridge with a game controller sticker.' She scanned over the note once more.

The fridge she spotted was a bit tall for a mini fridge but the sticker was there so she figured it must be it. Happily she glided towards it, oblivious to the fact that she was in a fully packed kitchen.

As expected because of her in-attentiveness she collided with another person, and their drink spilled all over her top.

The sensation of something scorching her chest was the first to set in before she realized she had crashed into someone else, followed by a strong earthy aroma. Coffee. It was coffee. Not just any coffee though. It was unbearably hot coffee. Probably from another assistant trying to please their superior.

[Y/n] hissed from the pain but snapped out of it when she heard the woman begin to yell. "Watch where you're fucking going!" They shoved [Y/n] out the way burning red with anger. "If I don't bring this up in the next two minutes I'll probably get fired." They rushed to make a replacement cup.

[Y/n] had stumbled down as a result of the impact, but she quickly stood up, not wanting to cause a scene. "S-sorry..." She whispered an apology and straightened herself up.

The woman was in pain both emotionally; from being yelled at like that in front of all these people and physically; from the first degree burns that were forming on her chest, and the assault that was hard enough to bruise her.

None of that mattered though. She still had a job to complete and the low mumbles and disgusted gazes she were getting wouldn't be enough to affect her.

Not wanting to waste a second more she opened the fridge and retrieved the bottle that was already sitting there with a sticker on the side that read "100% juice", and left the room.

╭ ╮

╰ ╯

Kenma was waiting eagerly for his assistant to return, and when she did well...he wasn't so happy anymore.

"Sorry I'm late, there was a bit of a setback." She placed his bottle of apple juice on his desk and waited for him to dismiss her.

Her shirt was fully buttoned up, which wasn't the case when she left, and she looked a little bit uneasy. There was also a huge ass coffee stain on her shirt.

"What happened?" Kenma questioned calmly.

"I was being clumsy..." She wasn't lying.

"What else happened?" The man was sure that there was more to it.

"That's all sir." She didn't want to bask in her shame for too long.

"You're sure?" He raised an eyebrow.

"I am.." she nodded.

"How'd you get the coffee stain?" Of course the blond wouldn't let it go so quickly.

"I accidentally bumped into someone."

"Who?" Now the two of you were getting somewhere.

[Y/n] shook her head no. "I can't say..." She didn't want to be the reason someone got fired. It would only make people dislike her even more than they already did. Not just that, but she actually didn't even know who.

Kenma understood. "That's fine." He shifted his attention to his monitor screen and [Y/n] took that as her cue to leave. "Not yet." He stopped her and turned the monitor around for it to face her after clicking it back a few minutes.