IV. Life Force Part Two

Start from the beginning

"No... How?!!" Mythra yelled out, and she watched as Sever threw the container onto the deck of the ship.

There was one final noise before the dark flame left the container and moved quickly and landed near Regan. The dark flame dissipated and Malos was now standing there. "Malos..." Regan said quietly before he suddenly held his hand out to her. "Get up, Snow. As much as I love saving you, I'd prefer if you'd stop being so reckless."

Regan said nothing, simply took his hand, and allowed him to help her up. "Thanks..." Her face turned a bit red, and she turned her head as she suddenly heard a very familiar yell. A hole of darkness appeared on the ship deck, and Rex jumped through it and onto the deck.

"Rex?!!" Nia exclaimed.

In Rex's hand, he held Malos' sword. "You and that sword... can't be!" Mythra yelled and took a step back.

The boy stood up straight which allowed Regan to properly see the purple x-shaped Core Crystal glowing in the center of his chest. Rex raised the sword and pointed it at Jin, "You know, it's kind of low to stab a man in the back...you bloody psychopath!" In response, Jin placed a hand on the hilt of his sword.

Mythra quickly shook her head at Jin, "No. I'll handle this." She stated before raising the Sword Tonfa to block Rex's attack. "End of the line, Rex. You really think I'd let you claim his power for yourself." The blonde stated before she pushed him back and slashed at him, but he managed to dodge.

Malos avoided Sever as the Blade lunged for him, and an ice shard struck his side. The Blade regenerated, but it seemed to distract him for a moment and Malos took the opportunity to kick Sever back. The Aegis looked around and glanced at Regan, "Thanks." The Elf nodded before drawing back the string again and turning her attention to Mythra and Rex.

"Who are you?!! You look different!" Rex yelled, and it was clear that he was confused by the appearance change.

"Give it a rest, Pyra! Can't you see he's just a child!" Nia called out, and it was evident that she was trying to reason with Mythra. The blonde did not respond at first before she smirked.

"A child? Don't make me laugh. This kid...has made himself the Aegis' Driver!"

Nia looked shocked at that, "The Aegis' driver? Rex is...?"

"That's none of your business kid... Just for the record, that sword is just a bit too heavy for you." Mythra stated, and Rex paused for a second. The blonde did not hesitate to then knock him back and caused him to fall onto the deck of the ship. Sever suddenly left Malos and Regan alone and jumped up in the air just in time to catch the Sword Tonfa.

"You're done!"

Sever slashed the air and sent a burst of wind in an x-shape at Rex. Mere seconds before it hit his Driver, Malos quickly got in front of Rex and pulled up a shield. "Thanks, Malos." The Aegis almost looked annoyed at that.

"Next time, don't get caught off guard. Now, stay focused!" Malos ordered, and he was obviously annoyed at the boy's incompetence.

"I will," Rex responded before running towards Mythra with Malos not far behind. Her Blade sent another slash of wind at him, and Malos created another shield.

"Everyone, go now!" Rex yelled as he once again clashed with Mythra. The blonde looked annoyed and jumped out of the way as he attempted to strike her with Malos' sword.

Mythra jumped up, and Sever threw the Sword Tonfa to her. "I don't think so." She stated as she caught it, and it changed into a different shape as she prepared to attack the people attempting to run out of her sight.