✘𝐒𝐀𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐔𝐑✘

Start from the beginning

Kawaki fluttered his eyes open and mumbled under his breath "Don't..."

Konohamaru felt a rush of dread run down his spine- Sarada felt it too. But before they had time to react, that was when he yelled.

"DONT TOUCH ME!" Kawaki was engulfed in a purplish-blue aura which Sarada could only identify as chakra. It was filled with malice and once finally swallowing him whole, sent a shockwave that sent the group flying backward.

"Gah!" Boruto stumbled. The gust of wind lashed against him like a whip, and he tried to cover his face with his arms. But suddenly he saw the unconscious girl who was with the boy also being thrown back. Instinct kicked in instantly and Boruto quickly jumped to her aid. He caught her with his arms, carrying her to safety bridal style. Boruto didn't know who this girl was and if she was also a threat but he knew that if he didn't catch her then she'd smack right into a tree. That was reason enough to react.

"Everyone stay back!" Konohamaru bellowed, raising a hand to shield his team behind him. This was bad. There was two ways this mission could go, an A rank (which it already was with Ao and the Kara member) or an S rank if this mystery boy also decided to attack. He clearly had tremendous strength, and Konohamaru wasn't taking chances.

Kawaki, the mystery boy, rose to his feet. Once again he had to wake up in an undesirable situation. If it wasn't in a box cramped with a girl, then it was now, after he had just fought a horde of androids. He won, of course, and he managed to protect (Y/N) while doing so (he couldn't run the risk of her dying on him) but the amount of times he had to use the Karma mark left him exhausted. And becuase of that, he was now surrounded by another pair of idiots he had to defend himself against.

Kawaki wasn't sure who they were. They certainly didn't look like Kara members with the weird headbands they wore, but as he eyed down each individual with a careful glare, he spotted a karma mark on the blonde one...as well as (Y/N) who was still asleep.

"Hey you" Boruto flinched at Kawakis cold tone. He pointed directly at him "That girl is mine."

"Tell us who you are first!" Sarada snapped back. She did not just have her team be blown away without getting any answers.

"And why do I need to tell you? You're probably some trackers from Kara." Kawaki sneered at the blonde kid who then barked back "Trackers? No we're not!" He was probably lying, there was no way he had a Karma without the influence of Jigen. But why had he never heard of this before? Surely that Karma mark had come from somewhere.

"Boruto wait" Konohamaru stopped his student from continuing. As the Jonin in the situation, he had to take the mature role as the mediator. "Sorry, I'm Konohamaru Sarutobi, a Shinobi of the Land of fire, from the village hidden in the leaves."

Kawaki scoffed "And what do Leaf shinobi want with me?" He had heard of the land of fire before but only in passing words. His village was always so secluded; the outside world was almost rarely talked about.

"We have no intention of harming you, we came across this location in the course of investigating the crash of an airship within our boarders." Konohamaru sighed "We just want to know what's going on, could you help us?"

They seemed genuinely frustrated, but if Kawaki had learnt one thing in his miserable years of living, that was to never trust anyone. "And on what basis should I trust you? Cant you just leave me and her alone?"

"I'm sorry but we can't do that. Protocol dictates that we take you into custody. By force if we have to"

Kawaki huffed. Force eh? Well then, he was awake now- fighting shouldn't be so hard. "Fine, I've made my decision. It looks like you want to die"

His comment sent a collective panic in the group, making Boruto yell "Hold on a second! You know what this is, don't you? You have one on your left hand." Kawaki glared at the boys karma symbol, still deep in thought. He couldn't trust these morons, especially if one had a karma mark! They had to be trackers from Kara, and he wasn't going to fall for their stupid tricks. "Nobody can have a Karma like that without the Karas influence...You were messing with me! You really are trackers from Kara!"

"Karma?" Mitsuki questioned, but Sarada retorted in defence before Mitsuki could pursue further "No we're not! please calm down and hear us out" She tried to sound sympathetic now as things were beginning to escalate. But Kawaki had made up his mind already-they were a threat to him.

"Right now I don't care about who you are" He got into a fighting position, ready for whatever they had to offer "If you want to come at me then just do it. I'll beat you at your own game!"

The atmosphere darkened in the battlefield. It turned into a stare-off of who would make the first move. But before anyone truly could, that was when four fire-like chakra blasts plummeted from above. Garou had arrived.

 Garou had arrived