"Ah well, the reserves nice," Charlie explained, telling his parents and only sister about the reserve, his first few days there, and  of course about dragons. You joined in, telling Molly about a scar he'd gotten from the work, which almost scared her half to death. When you'd first seen it, a fresh gash, you'd felt the same way.

"How about you Y/N? I heard the ministry has been nagging you about becoming an auror?" Arthur brought up.

You chuckled, nodding. "Specifically Moody. Tonks is learning under him- I assume she's said too many good things about me. And honestly, I'm honored he's so adamant about me becoming an auror, but I've always had a talent in curse breaking, which you know, of course. I'm not saying the auror training wouldn't be useful in my line of work, but I'm far too busy for it now."

"Is Tonks the one who can change her appearance?" Ginny asked, looking up at Charlie, who nodded.

"Well, you two, how's living together been?" Molly asked, leaning in closer as if that would help her listen better.

"We honestly haven't really lived together yet," you sighed. "On the bright side, I do have work in Romania a lot because of the creatures here but I'm also all around the world so I don't get to stay here much."

"And a lot of the time I have to stay on the reserve," Charlie added. "So sometimes she does come home, but I'm not here. So we don't know too well what it's like."

"Oh, well I'm sure you two will get some alone time soon," Molly reassured.

"We're sorry to be disrupting some of that time." Arthur smiled politely, as always, shooting Charlie, who went red at the ears, a knowing look.

"Oh no, it's not a worry," you smiled. "I wanted to come over for Christmas but Charlie's got work in the way this year. Oh, I heard Ron made a new friend."

"It's Harry Potter!" Ginny chirped up. "Fred and George met him first, but apparently Ron and Harry are mates now. I wish I got to be friends with him."

"Poor boy is being ogled at constantly," Molly shook her head. "The muggle home he's been living in was horrible too, he never got Christmas presents you know! I had to send him something with the other boys presents."

"I'm sure he'll love it," you smiled. "My first present from you is my favourite."

Charlie gasped dramatically. "What about my dragon figurine?"

Ginny turned around swiftly, her braid whipping your chest lightly. "And my hairties?"

"Both wonderful presents," you agreed. "But they're not Molly Weasleys fudge level."

"Wait till you get a Weasley sweater," Charlie grinned at you.

You shook your head. "It's too soon for that!"

"What do you mean dear, you're very much family, nothing would change that."

"They love you more than me," Charlie winked at you. "If we break up, I'm the one who'll have to get rid of their sweater." You chuckled lightly, but the thought barged into your brain. If you did break up, things would go very south. You'd thought about it before when you'd fancied him, but thinking about it when you were actually with him was different,

If you did split up, it would be more awkward now. You wouldn't be close with the Weasleys- no matter what they said- your meetings with your friends would be awkward, you would somehow have to ignore your closest friend because there was no way you could talk to him after he broke up with you-