it's too late for you to come back

Start from the beginning

He tried thousands of times to talk to him but there was  no response.
Even Gao Shi De's mom hadn't given any reply to his calls.

There were not so many people around Gao Shi De he knew, all he knew was him and her mom. Hopeless and helpless. He had no idea where to go and what to do. It's not like that he didn't believe Gao Shi De but there was a kind of little fear growing up in his heart.

What if Gao Shi De would never come back? What if he also did the same that Yu xin did. He wasn't strong enough to be heartbroken again.

Amidst the all theses insecurities and sadness there's another problem started to rise.
Zhou Shu Yi's dad's company suddenly faced a huge loss. Due to some internal conflict the board of directors suddenly refused to cooperate with each other. In this moment of crisis no one was ready to take the responsibility of the loss.

It was sure that someone have to take care of the matter and resign and all the fingers were directed towards Zhou Shu Yi's dad since he was the main director of finance management.
All the miscalculation were done under his guidance so he had no other choice.

There were so many greedy wolves waiting for taking advantage of this golden opportunity . Even his Zhou Shu Yi's uncles were the ones top on the list .

All these years they were able to do nothing but being secretly jealous of his dad's success. There were several times when they tried so hard to ruin his dad's reputation but in the end they've always unsuccessful .

This time when the golden opportunity itself comes to their threshold without any efforts they wouldn't let
go this matter so easily. So they intentionally provokes the board against his dad.

But there were also some good people in the company who weren't agree with his dad's resignation and wanted to give a him another chance to fix the problems.

After a long debate it was decided that no matter what his dad has to had the responsibility of the losses to set an  example for another employees in a case to avoid future troubles but he had given a chance to suggest a capable and professional person who can replace him.

For Zhou Shu Yi's dad the company was his dream and hard work of his half life. He didn't want to loose the company in some greedy and unfaithful hands.

So he decided to prepare Zhou Shu Yi for the next director of finance management.

He called Zhou Shu Yi over and told him to took the position of him.

At that time Zhou Shu Yi wasn't mentally prepared for this kind of sudden proposal and all the more he was so frustrated about Gao Shi De also.

He was still young and immature at that time. All the more his heart and mind both were in disarray. So in a impulse he refused his dad's proposal and told him straight that he wants to go America.

His dad wasn't aware about his love life at that time so he asked him the reason behind going abroad.

Zhou Shu Yi found himself in a dilemma whether he should tell him about Gao Shi De or not. What would be his dad's reaction after knowing that he actually loved a guy and now he wants to go America after him .

He knew his father was an ambitious man and wanted him to take care of their company and after finding out about this matter they wouldn't allowed him to go abroad after Gao Shi De.

So he lied that he was not experienced yet and wanted to gain some knowledge before officially taking over the position.

But there wasn't enough time to delay in this kind of matter as the company's financial management was already in mess and the the position of manager can't be vacant for a long time. If he didn't join now eventually there would be someone else who takes the position.