Chapter 67

TimeSkip: 2 Weeks Later
Mieko's Pov:

"Here."

"My phone and keys, thank you mom."

"Mhmm that better not happen again."

"Yessir."

"Now go before you're late to school."

I nodded and went to my car. I drove to school and got my day started. Things between me and Yukio were awkward again. We stopped going home together, the whole noticed and thought we "broke up". Like apparently everyone thought we we're together. After practice Yukio ran up to me and I looked at him confused.

"I saw you got your car back, congrats."

"Thanks. Did you want a ride home?"

"No, no... I wanted to say sorry, it wasn't right to kiss you like that, I didn't know you had a girlfriend." My eyes widened and I looked at him confused. 

"Girlfriend?"

"Yeah... I know you're trying to keep it low profile and stuff..."

"I- um who told you I had a girlfriend,"

"Don't be mad I found out on Insta! She didn't tell me to apologize or anything I just wanted to." 

"Y-yeah um who is she?"

"Huh?"

"My girlfriend. Who is she?"

"Chiyo?" I sighed and he looked at me confused. He walked off and I got my stuff together. I walked to my car and I dialed Chiyo's number.

"Hello?"

"Chiyo... why is Yukio telling me that you're my girlfriend?"

"I forgot tell you-"

"That's not how that- I'm gay Chiyo."

"Yeah I know, it's just this thing going on with my school and everything was a big mess."

"Big mess? Why did you tell people I was you're boyfriend?"

"I was going to get raped if I didn't."

"Raped? Who-"

"This kid at my school, he was harassing me, I told him I had a boyfriend he said who I said you... he spread the news everywhere and I didn't know it got to other schools." I sighed and hummed.

"I'll deal with the kid and the situation just... be safe." 

"Alright, I'm so sorry again."

"It's alright." 

I hung up and I started the engine. Great, now I have to threaten some guy not to talk to Chiyo again and somehow convince Yukio I wasn't dating anyone. The assholes in the world are so fucking annoying. I noticed that my breaks we're making a weird sound. As I was turning my breaks stopped working. 

FUCK MY BREAKS ARE WORKING!! I blanked out and woke up in a hospital bed. My head was hurting like a bitch. I was wearing a gas mask and I took it off my face. 

"Mom?" Mom looked up at me and hugged me.

"Oh my god Mieko you're awake!" 

"Mom what happened?" 

"Sweetheart you crashed into a tree." 

"Oops."

"No oops you could've died."  

"There's something wrong with my breaks."

"Yeah your car is totaled now." 

"Agh I just got it back~" Dad and Yukio came into the room. Yukio ran over to me and hugged me.

"You're okay!" 

"Y-yeah." He smiled and I blushed. Dad sighed and ruffled my hair.

"You gave that tree a piece of your mind huh?"

"Dad~ there was something wrong with my breaks."

"I thought so." 

The doctor came in and I felt Yukio hold my hand. 

"So the X-ray came back, no broken bones just a couple of bruises and a concussion. He should be good to leave tonight." 

"Alright thank you doc." 

When we got home I was still a little dizzy. Yukio helped me to the couch. He said he was staying the night. Mom and Dad made us something to eat. I got some medicine and fell asleep. 

When I woke up Yukio was beside me. He was sleeping also and I blushed. I sat up and stretched. I still kind of felt like shit. I was still upset that as soon as I get my car back I ran it into a entire tree. I yawned and got out of bed. I made sure to not wake Yukio. I walked to the kitchen and grabbed some jello. I got a spoon and walked back to bed.

"Mieko...?"

"Ah, you're awake."

"..." He looked down at the blanket and I cleared my throat. 

"I'm gay Yuki, Chiyo was in a stressful situation and she needed my help, we're not dating." His whole mood seemed to change and he let out a sigh of relief. He got up and hugged me. 

"... you scared me, I thought you were going to die." I blushed and dropped my spoon. 

"I-I'm sorry." He lifted his head and smiled with tears in his eyes. 

"W-w-will you be my boyfriend?"

"Of course I will."