Chapter #4 : not a player

Chayeon's POV.

Like what we have agreed to do, I introduced Jungwoo to Sehyeon and Ayeri. He acted so kind to them, perfectly captivating their trusts.

Jungwoo said he just want me to help him get into her good side since I said that all three of us thinks he's a player--- which again he kept on denying.

"Chayeon, what's with you and Jungwoo huh?" Sehyeon teased. No oh Gosh not coming from her.

"Chayeon you two actually looked cute together hihihihi" Ayeri teased as well. I rolled my eyes.

"ew? we aren't a thing okay? We just a... have a business together? like that" I said.

"what is it? why can't you tell us? is he your best friend now? we feel hurt huh" Sehyeon said even dramatically holding her chest. ofcourse I cannot tell you I'm setting you up to someone! I sighed.

"I will tell you both maybe sooner or later. Just let me settle things first hmm?" I said almost begging. These two bffs of mine understands me very well. They know I'm not fond of sharing everything, I tend to be reticent at times and this is not the first time I did something like this. I always tell everything to them in the end anyway.

"alrighty~ we trust you Chayeon just tell us if you two are together already hahaahaha!" I mentally slapped my forehead. Really, Ayeri and her habit of constantly jumping to conclusions.

~~~

"how will I ask her number?" he asked. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"that's my problem too?" I asked in pure sarcasm. We're currently sitting on one of the gazebos in the field, seems like planning something so important.

"I thought you'll help me?" he sassed.

"I already helped you okay? You already ate lunch with her and did assignment with her, she's comfortable around you as well... what else do you want Kim Jungwoo?" I enumerated. He leaned on the cemented table, staring at me.

"and all of those are with either you or Ayeri" he complained.

"ofcourse!? I don't trust you still" I spat back.

"tsk tsk. Maybe I should work on that trust issue of yours first before we proceed on this?" he said. I glared at him.

"when will you help me with Winwin anyway?" I asked, diverting the topic. He grinned.

"ah yeah that. He knows you anyway" I was surprised and I can feel myself blushing already.

"r-really?"

"ofcourse not" WHAT THE---

"Kim Jungwoo!!!" I shouted in annoyance. He's playing with me!!! His annoying laugh filled the air. I stood up and threw my book on him, but he caught it.

"yeah he knows you by face but not your name. So I told him, so now he knows you already" I slapped my forehead in disbelief. "hmm you want me to invite him for lunch together with us tomorrow?" I looked at him and I swear to God he can see my eyes sparkling.

"can you do that?"

"ofcourse not. He won't join us" I shut my eyes closed in pure rage. I stood up and reached for his hair, mercilessly pulling it.

"a-ah! ouch! yah Im Chayeon! that hurts! sh--"

"You are so annoying Kim Jungwoo!!!" he laughed as he tried so hard to remove my grip from his hair.

"alright alright I'll ask him--- just please let go of my hair Chayeon!" I immediately did as told and casted a glare at him again.

I watched him fix his hair as well as his tie. "anyways I can just drag him with me" he said.

~~~

*the next day*

I was looking forward for the lunch break but when we got to the cafeteria, only Jungwoo and his friend Sungchan are there. There's no Winwin. Sehyeon also excused herself awhile ago so there's only me and Ayeri.

Jungwoo looked at me seems like asking where Sehyeon is. "she have something to do so she won't be here" I said. He nodded.

"so does he" he said knowingly. I smiled at Sungchan when he greeted me. We sat across them as Sungchan volunteered to order, Ayeri offered to help him leaving me and Jungwoo here.

"you like Winwin that much to be that disappointed?" he said. I lifted my gaze from the table.

"hm? do I look disappointed?"

"you look beyond that" he remarked, leaning back on his chair, intently staring at me.

"tsh. I'm not. You, you seem disappointed as well since Sehyeon isn't here" I pointed back

"tsh I am, you didn't gave me a heads up. but anyways you two are here..." he said. I narrowed my eyes at him. "... so we won't eat alone" he finished his sentence.

I sighed. I've been out of focus this past few days because of this deal we have. I'm building high hopes to this man helping me with Winwin, and he have never done anything about it yet. All he give to me is headache. Now, I've thought of just helping him with Sehyeon so that I could get back my notebook as soon as possible.

"tomorrow, Sehyeon will have a break around 4 in the afternoon" I started. He nodded.

"I'll text to you where she'll spend her free time and there ask for her number" I said.

"how---"

"figure out things yourself Jungwoo! what the hell, you wink here and there and couldn't ask for someone's number!?" he pouted, which I find oddly cute. Wtf.

"tsh. when will you believe that I am not a player" he mumbled.

*****