"We were on a video call last Tuesday, Semmy." I reminded her and she rolled her eyes at me.

"That was last week, babe. That was a long time ago." She answered and I made a sound, not wanting to go into any form of argument with Semeeha Malik.

"Baby girl." Kizito's deep voice called me and I turned to look at him, grinning from ear to ear. We didn't say any words, we just stared at each other, our eyes doing the talking. He could read me.

Kizito and I were close, almost as close as I was with my brother. He was more or less my brother too, always protective of me, acting like a shield around me. He looked it, having the physique of a bodyguard and all. He acted like it even, always acting the big brother to me, especially in school even though he was younger by a few months. He wasn't only like that with me. He was also that way with Semeeha and Dawn too.

"Will you get that stupid brush away from my face?" Semeeha's harsh voice broke through the stare Kizito and I was sharing. I looked in her direction and saw that she was yelling at her makeup artist.

Nothing new about that. I exchanged a look with Dawn.

"Can't you see I'm on a video call with my friends? Do you want me to drop my phone?" Semeeha kept ranting even though the woman m, who was obviously much older than she was, began to beg. "Do you know your salary cannot buy this phone? In fact, five times your monthly payment will not be able to buy this phone." She snapped, arrogance and pride dripping from her tone.

"I'm sorry ma." The woman curtsied as she continued to apologize.

"Get away from here before I fire you!" Semeeha ordered, swinging her hand dismissively at the woman who quickly rushed away for the fear of losing and job. I sighed, shaking my head.

Seems like Semeeha Malik hasn't changed. I thought to myself.

"That was too harsh, Semeeha. Don't you think?" Kizito queried calmly, leaning back against the chair he was sitting on and folded his hands across his chest.

"Honestly though," Dawn began to chip in. "That woman is much older than you for you to keep yelling at her like she's a child. She probably has a child almost your age." Dawn stated in a precise manner, not mincing words. Semeeha hissed in response, rolling her eyes again.

"If you don't show these people who is in charge, they'll walk over you because you are young. This is me showing them who is boss." She sassed and I shook my head, no knowing what to say.

"You can show them you are boss without being rude." Dawn maintained but Semeeha waved her away nonchalantly.

"Wait, where are you right now?" I had to ask. If someone was making up for her, then she was probably at another shoot. But today is Sunday. Doesn't she have a break or something?

"Morocco," Semeeha answered in a monotone.

"I thought you said you were in Shanghai." Kizito inquired.

"That was yesterday, Kizi. I flew to Morocco this morning for another shoot. I'll fly back to Nigeria by midnight."

"And you are still going to come to school tomorrow?" Dawn asked, disbelief laced in her tone. Semeeha chuckled, shaking her head.

"Of course not. This girl needs her beauty rest." She answered. Thank God for that.

Semeeha Iris Malik was a full-time teen model, one of the highest-paid teen models in the whole of Africa. She was wanted everywhere, making her mark in different countries of the world. With the way she traveled almost every weekend, I still don't understand how she has been able to keep up with the stress of school. It's funny how she was one of our Academic scholars.