"Hilary!" She screamed and I winced, blocking my poor ear from her yelling.

"Dawn, I can hear you. You honestly don't have to shout." I told her and she rolled her eyes, grin still stretched across her lips.

"Let's me shout in peace!" She fired back and I laughed, shaking my head at her. "I've missed you so much!" She screamed again and I found myself grinning, telling her I missed her too. After the burial, I haven't been able to really see her.

So, I actually did miss her. I missed everything about her.

Dawn was a very quiet and reserved person, but when she was with people she was comfortable with, she was crazy. Also, being a prefect in Crestview can drive a person crazy and she was the social prefect. Few times, she has to come out of her comfort zone and yell, especially at juniors so that everyone would take her seriously.

No one feared her. Dawn was easily the most lovable person to be around, but no one disrespected her either. At least, not anymore.

"How are you doing?" Her voice tore through my reverie and I let my eyes focus back on her. She had stopped grinning, her lips now in a small smile. I didn't miss the look of concern on her face and it touched my heart, how much this girl cared about me.

"I'm hanging in there." I was honest with her, I trusted her that much. "It's not easy but, I'll be okay," I added and she nodded slowly.

"Are you sure you want to resume tomorrow?" She asked, the uncertainty in her voice was pretty obvious. "The school is still buzzing with the news. You shouldn't even open WhatsApp right now. I don't know how they got to know, but everyone knows you are resuming tomorrow." She told me and I frowned slightly.

How did they know?

"I can handle it, I think?" I wasn't even sure of myself and Dawn noticed, I could see it on her face.

"I've got you, okay." She assured me. "I have your back all the way." She said and I nodded, flashing her a smile of gratitude. Then, I realized something.

"You said we are skyping you now," I mentioned and she hummed in response, nodding. "Who are we?" I asked. Immediately, her mouth went O, as if she had just realized something.

"Sorry. I can't believe I forgot that I put Semeeha and Kizi on hold. Please hang on for me." She said, typing in a button, and in the space of seconds, my screen was divided into four, the face of Semeeha and Kizi appearing.

"You said we should wait for ten seconds, Dawn. It's been ten minutes!" Semeeha snapped as soon as she appeared on screen and I laughed, feeling lightheaded all of a sudden.

Semeeha, the action mamma.

"She probably wanted to give Hilary an exclusive gist that she didn't want the both of us to hear," Kizi stated, munching a sprinkled glazed donut and rolled his eyes comically in a way that had me bursting out in laughter again, bringing all their attention back on me.

"Hilary!" They both screamed, waving their hands vigorously into the camera and I found myself laughing again, waving at them too. I was really happy to see them, just like they were clearly happy to see me. I had seen Semeeha once or twice during the break but she was a very busy person so I didn't get to see her as often as I saw Dawn.

But Kizito? I haven't seen him since we vacated for the last session in July. He was one person that I knew didn't fancy social media at all. Plus, he wasn't around for most of the summer.

But I missed them, all of them.

My Day Ones.

"Hilary! I've missed you so much." Semeeha cooed and I chuckled.