Chapter 23

After a dreadful month of exams, they finally got to complete their high school. All that was left is graduation day which was tomorrow.

But, Yangyang was so nervous for his whole confession plan more than nerve-wracking math test that he had a couple of days before.

On the other hand, Yuri found it really suspicious that Chenle and Jisung asked her for help about their schoolwork. They hadn't approached her even once regarding their studies.

Eventhough, she was excited to help them and even offered to meet up in any of their houses but they denied and suggested to visit in a café.

"Its such a good café, it's owned by Lucas's friend Winwin. And I am a huge fan of their namericano" said chenle who had just visited the café once.

And Yuri just agreed to visit them in the cafeteria. She tried to call Yangyang to know whether he wished to join them but he just said he was busy with his friends.

Pouting, she took her phone and went out. She took a taxi to go the address that Jisung just texted her.

After a couple of minutes she arrived to the place. After paying for the ride she turned around expecting bright lights and coffee smell lingering on her nose.

But, she was totally wrong. It was pitch black. There were no lights that was switched on in the café. And paints were poured all over the place.

She quickly dialled Chenle terrified by the appearance of this peculiar cafeteria.

"Are you sure this is the place?" Yuri asked him peeking at the door which was open wide but crooked.

"Yeah, I can even see you" Chenle replied brightly.

"But, why is it like this? Dark and paints?"
"Oh, it's just a concept of this place. Stop being a scaredy-cat and come in" She heard Jisung yelling.

"Fine" She replied and cut the call.

Switching on the flashlight from the only gadget that she had in her hand, she entered the place. She wasn't that much a fan of darkness. Sure, she can handle darkness.

But, now she was scared as hell, the light from her mobile phone was only the source of light illuminating the whole place.

There was a paper stuck on the wall with a arrow pointing towards the stairs which she assumed it led to the rooftop of the building.

She started climbing the stairs slowly and there was a line of candles on both the sides placed on the rooftop and she saw a black silhouette facing the opposite side from her.

"What kind of sick joke is Chenle and Jisung are planning?" She muttered under her breath.

"Let's light up the place now. She's here" A voice came which identified it as Jaemin's.

As soon as he said that, there was a click and the whole rooftop illuminated by serial lights and neon lights. In short, it was beautiful.

And the black silhouette that she saw first turned around her, the male was wearing a blue suit with lavender flowers bouquet in his hands. As soon as she recognised that it was yangyang she couldn't stop the smile that was forming in her lips.

He stared at her and gestured her to come close. She nodded and started walking towards him. Her features got illuminated by the candles and she was beautiful as ever.

"Yuri, I know this is very cliché but, from our childhood you have been a very good friend to me. But, I don't know that I did the same to you.  Suddenly when you appeared in my school, I couldn't control my happiness. I am so sorry that I didn't stand by you when you needed me the most. And when we got the soulmate tattoos though I was happy, I thought that I am not good to you and you deserved someone better. But, as days went by and when you started to accept me, I really that you make me the wholesome person that you deserved. I just don't wanna miss you, I promise that I will stand with you in your ups and downs. I love you so much Yuri and I really can't miss you at any cost. So... " Yangyang trailed while taking a deep breath. Yuri was almost in tears while Yangyang continued,"Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yang.. I didn't know you would actually confess to me" Yuri replied tears flowing in her cheeks while smilig immensely.

"I too can't imagine my life without you. You've never been a choice to me. You've been the answer all along" Yuri said and accepted the flowers from him and pulled him to a tight hug.

Yangyang was contented by her answer. After hugging for a minute they pulled over and attached their foreheads together.

It was Yuri who initiated a kiss by placing her lips on Yangyang's and they both melted on the kiss.

Yangyang totally forgot that his friends were standing by the sides and are concerned about him.

"Why is it silent all of a sudden?" Haechan came out first shouting.

Seeing them kissing made him freeze, Jeno who followed Haechan too froze with his friend. "My single ass can't relate" He whispered.

The rest of the gang followed them, Jisung was disgusted by the sight and Jaemin was making small squeals. Chenle was happily clicking photos, being happy for his brother.

They finaly separated from each other, both their eyes holding the whole universe,making them happy.

Jeno coughed hardly, wanting the couple to notice their presence. Yuri turned around and noticed them as Jeno wanted.

"What are you all doing here?" Yuri asked.
"Its thanks to us, that your soulmate confessed to you" Haechan said proudly, recovering from the sight that he had just witnessed.
"Yeah, this was fully Haechan's idea. And thanks to the others that this place is decorated this beautifully" Yangyang said proudly while interlocking his hands with his soulmate's.

"Thanks guys, I owe you alot" Yangyang said smiling.
"Thank you" Yuri too thanked them.

"I am so happy for you both. You might have not start your relationship happily but seeing you both right now accepting each other makes me feel like a proud mom" Jaemin said. The couple just smiled and agreed to him.

"Stop being a cry baby, hyung" Jisung scolded Jaemin who was almost wetting his shirt with his tears holding tight to him.

"You would never understand, baby chick" Jaemin said wiping his tears and composing himself.

Their laughter filled the atmosphere. "Thank god, you confessed to me, today" Yuri said.
"Why?"
"Coz, I was planning to confess to you, tomorrow. It may not be a grand plan like yours but I did have some plan" Yuri explained.

"I took so long, right? Sorry, babe" Yangyang said pouting.
"Its okay, Yang. You did at the right time and who cares who confess first, we would still be accepting each other"

Yangyang nodded while placing a soft kiss on Yuri's forehead. "I am so glad that you are my soulmate" He whispered.

_____
The end!
Took me long enough to write it! 😅