Crickets

Hey! O.K this is my new story! XD but I have to give credit to jammers12 for editing and helping me out with it! LOL luv ya jammers! ( also this might be kinda short but the next one will be good :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"OUCH!!" 18-year old Lauren Reynolds woke to the sound of screaming. Worried, she pulled the sheets of her bed and rushed down the stairs. "Lexi?!?" she cried, rounding the corner. She found her 12-year old sister, Lexi, hunched over, holding her hand dramaticly (maybe a little more then needed) Lauren sighed, and ran a hand through her messy morning hair. "what'd ya do this time Lex?" Lauren asked, her sisters face  bright red, and took a step toward her sister. Lexi thrust her hand, and instantly began to sob. Lauren examined her hand, which had a nasty burn on it. Lexi tried to explain, but every word came out a choked sob.

 Lauren pulled her over to the sink, and turned on the tap. Cool water began pouring out, and Lexi calmed, as she washed her wound, Lauren glimpsed at the stove. A very burned, disfigured pancake sat on a frying pan, looking hot and un-welcoming. She put two and two together and realized that Lexi must have her burn from trying to make pancakes. "Lex, you need to be more careful. If you wanted pancakes, then you could've just woken me up, and I would have  made them for you. Mom always tells you to stay away from the stove, because it can get really hot, and you could have ugly burn marks forever if you get hurt!" Lauren began her lecture. At the thought of ugly burn marks, Lexi started to cry even harder. Like most children her age, Lexi was clumsy, forgetful and sometimes a pain-in-the-butt, but Lauren loved her anyways.

"I was just trying to makepancakes for mom. It is her birthday you know!" Lexi sputtered. "Come on," Lauren said, and Lauren being her own kind self, reached down and gave her younger sister a kiss on the cheek. Immediatly, Lexi returned to her old, feisty self and squirmed away from her older sister. Lauren laughed and began opening a new box of pancake mix.