22 Que Sera, Sera

Start from the beginning

"Whoooooo....!!!" Zhuo Cheng gasped loudly. He hugged the tree tightly.

CRACKCRACK!

The broken sound could be heard again.

"Dude! Try to jump here! Otherwise, they'll get you!" Shouted He Peng.

Zhuo Cheng looked at the tree where He Peng was on. He was hesitate and afraid to jump over. He was afraid if he will fall on  the hungry spirits before he can reach the big tree.

The tree bended again.

"Aaa...!!" Zhuo Cheng screamed.when the spirits jumped up and touch his leg.

"Jump!' He Peng shouted again.

Zhuo Cheng saw the tree bended lower.than just now,and the spirits  keep touching his legs. He had no better option. Even if he stayed on that tree, he will finish by the hungry spirits. If he jumps over, at least he has tried.

He saw He Peng extended his hand. He took a deep breath as he take a look at  the alignment between his tree and He Peng's. Then he jumped.

CRAEAKCRACK!!

The tree broke. Zhuo Cheng's grip on the tree slipped away, as his body flies down toward the hungry spirits down there, when a black shadow appeared in flash amd catch him right before reach the hungry spirits' reach. The tree hit the ground and those.spirits screamed.and growled while running away avoiding the tree's downfall.

✓✓✓✓✓

Yibo stunned when he saw the men in front of him. There was Zhan. And.... Another Zhan in black Hanfu outfits. He has a long black hair. He smiled at Yibo. His hair was tied up with a red scarf.

"He can't go inside without his soulmate. Otherwise, he'll find his end inside there...!" Said Zhan's duplicate.

Yibo couldn't utter a word. He still stunned and dumbstruck. He has seen this guy when his soul was wandering in this world, but he didn't remember him.

The man heaved a sigh when he saw Yibo keeps quiet. He pushed Zhan at him.

"You both destined as soulmates. Don't ever let him go alone to the dangerous places...!" Said the man.

Yibo caught Zhan.

"Are you okay?" Asked Yibo, glancing at Zhan.

Zhan was still dumbstruck looking at his clone. He shook his head without averted his gaze from his clone. Yibo turned his gaze again at Zhan's clone.

"Thank you. But who are you?" Asked Yibo.

The man chuckled. He walked back and forth in front of the boys. His both hands folded behind his back.

"Years passed by, wind blows, sky still high on the solid earth. Time changed, but destiny keeps its promise," instead of answering Yibo's question, the man saying a poem.

Yibo and Zhan looked at him in a dismay. The man stopped walking and turned to them. Then he flashed them a toothy smile.

"What has been destined, they won't break by the time. Two rivers flowed at the different banks. After a long journey, they met in the same ocean. The grudges snatched two people away from each other, but Heaven pulls them back to be tied up in a string....!" The man continued.

"I thought he was asking you who are you...!" Zhan stopped him reading the poem.

The man smiled. He started to walk back and forth again in the same style.

"Everyone has their soulmates, but not many of them get to see each other and get together...." The man glanced at Zhan with a smile. "Can't you see who I am?" Asked the man.

"Don't say you are my soulmate. It's creep me out...!" Said  Zhan.

The man chuckled.

"Why? Am I scary?" Asked the man.

"No. You look exactly like me!" Replied Zhan.

The man laughed.

"Unfortunately, I'm not...!" Said the man.

"Then who are you?" Asked Zhan again.

"My name is Wei Ying!" Said the man.

Zhan snorted, couldn't hold back his laughter. Yibo and the man looked at him in dismay.

"What are you laughing at?" Asked the man.

Zhan couldn't stop laughing immediately. He held his stomach which gets pain because of the laughter.

"Don't tell me,  I get into a book named "Mo Dao Zu Shi!" Cried Zhan, between his laughter.

"Mo Dao what?" The man frowned.

Yibo looked down with a blushing face.

"Never mind! Forget it!" Zhan waved his hand in disapprove.

"What are you both doing here?" Asked the man.

"I need to save Zhan Ge!" Said Yibo.

"I'm looking for Lan Wangji!" Zhan said at the same time with Yibo.

Then both of them shut their mouths. Zhan turned to Yibo who looking at him.

The man smiled.

"So, you are here.to save Zhan Ge because you are looking for Lan Wangji...!" Decided the man. "Who is Zhan Ge?" He asked.

No one speaks. But Yibo pointed at Zhan. The man smirked. He observing the boy's face.

"Time might changed. But destiny never break a promise. What has to be, will be...! So, you both want to save Lan Wangji!"

"Do you know him? Do you know where is he now? Can you bring me to him? He needs me!" Zhan bombarded the man with the requests. He shook the man's body.

The man sighed and rolled his eyes. He glanced at Yibo.

"I think your soul is too long possessed him last time. Instead of recognize me, he recognize this guy more as his soulmate!" Said the man with a complaining tone.

Yibo gasped. His memory somehow recalled something that happened a few years back, when his soul partially wandered and lost in another world. He stared at the man.

"You are Wei Wu Xian....!" Yibo hissed.

The man smiled at him, while Zhan still whining and shaking him.

"Do you think am I this whinny to Lan Zhan when you possessed him?" He asked Yibo,pointing at Zhan with his eyes.

Yibo smiled. The man rolled his eyes.