Restless Nights

Heartless/lonely reader x Rio Ranger

TW: crude language, mentions of Joe's death

Have fun!
--
How you survived in the death game so long always surprised you.

3 floors in and 3 people already expired.

Nao mourned the death of her precious professor crazy Mishima and Sara mourned the death of Joe Whoever-the-fuck.

You almost felt sorry for Stalker-bitch Kai for being so pathetic and lonely. Nobody had a care in the world for his death, but in the end, you just laughed at him for being so relatable.

Abandoned at birth, that's how you have always been, raised to be tossed aside from one family to the next. Never really having anywhere to call home.  No one's arms to run into.

You'd been called every name in the book, so when Wish-I-was-a-real-boy bitch Rio Ranger called for you, it felt right at home.

Only till night settled did you let your pompous guard fall and reality kicked in.

Only during the night would you let yourself cry. Indulging in self pity like a bitch. Lived 17 good long years to never experience love, not even the love of a mother.

In the restlessness of the night, you couldn't sleep. Never had your insomnia been this bad...

You grumbled as you checked the clock.

4:15 am

Not even an inkling of sleep.

"Shit..." you grumbled.

Knock knock knock...

You looked over to the door.

Knock knock knock...

"I know you're awake bastard..." sneared a voice outside the door.

"Oh fuck me..." You mumbled to yourself as you got out of your bed.

"I'd take that offer, though I don't believe it would help your sleeping problem."

Infuriated, you grabbed the door handle and yanked it open. Outside of your room stood Wish-I-was-a-real-boy Ranger.

"What the hell Ranger!" You snarled.

"Do not make crude jokes like that!"

Clearing your mind from your frustration you start to question what he was doing outside your room in the first place.

"How did you know I had a sleeping problem anyways asshole?"

Rio flipped through  his expression cards settling on one of a smirk.

"Idiot..." He started,

"If you couldn't tell already, we have this entire room bugged, we keep an eye on every one of you."

"Pervert..." You mumbled looking at the ground.

"What are you doing here anyways Ranger?"

In his illusion of emotions, Rio flipped to his chipper face.

"I came here to help ya sleep!"

You cocked an eyebrows at him as he continued.

"You see, if ya simply died from heart failure of something else caused by your lack of sleep, it would be boring."

You rolled your eyes as Rio waltz into your room and ploped himself on your bed.

"Yeah ok, Astro Boy, what can you even do to help me sleep? All I've seen you do is be a bitch!"