The Arrival In Konoha

The large gates that signaled the entrance to the village hidden in the leaves was now visible as they walked. for the most part, everyone was excited. Omoi seemed rather disinterested but really, he was both nervous and excited for what was to come. Samui though, well she looked bored...don't let that fool you though, she was very excited and wanted to come out on top in these exams. The goal was to be promoted, but it was also a showcase to build your name. People from all over the world would come to watch these exams and people of high class would also be present.

This was a step that could lead to later fame. For some, it wasn't about the fame, but there was no denying that your performance here could have effect on your legacy. Show out here, and you're closer to becoming that of a legend. When you thought about it, every Kage had shown out during these exams. Most often, finishing number one in the tournament, and even setting records within the different portions. The exams didn't always host a potential future Kage...but if it does, the talent shown brings an excitement like no other.

Sometimes, you can just tell that one of the contestants are destined for greatness. The fact of the matter was, you never knew what you'd see in the exams, but the potential for what could be led to the always high excitement around the event. Even if there wasn't that generational talent, the prodigies that came, the ones you knew would become elite always put on a good show.

This year, excitement was at an all time high for sure. Four of the five great nations were going to compete. From Konoha, often referred to as the strongest of the five, had the Hyuga prodigy, and one of the last of the Uchiha competing. When news spread of the Uchiha's massacre by one shinobi, they all had high expectations for the sole survivor...brother to the prodigy that slain the clan. Just about every clan heir within Konoha was competing, and that also brought about the buzz in the village since all of them were rookie Genin.

Naruto had his eyes shut as they walked when the gates became visible. Hands placed in his pockets and his unzipped hoodie waved in the wind with his hair. It'd grown out to where his sides grew to his mid cheek and the bangs came halfway over his headband. the back was at the base of his head touching his neck but it was such a spiked mess that for the most part, you couldn't tell. Confidence was covered with a lazy boredom that hid his inner dread. A hand placed on his shoulder broke him from his thoughts of apprehension, and looked over he saw his lollipop sucking friend.

"You got this." Omoi said quietly, only loud enough for the two of them to hear. All he got was a slight nod.

That, was enough though. Naruto's very slight slouch straightened and he seemed to just display disinterest. But that slight change spoke volumes to his mental state as it meant he wasn't so focused on the worry and fear. Rather, his mind was just on the task at hand. They were arriving to Konoha a few days prior to the first exam. Be better off this way so that and fatigue from travel would be rested out and they can be more settled in.

Yugito walked in front of the entourage with Darui and she walked proudly and with a confidence unmatched by any of her peers here. Wearing a smirk and a glint in her eyes that displayed pure excitement to what was to come. Nothing about her features displayed a sense of worry nor fear. Still, despite the excitement and the anticipation, a few times, she shot glances back towards Naruto in order to see if he was giving off anything. All she saw was the lazy attitude he tended to give off but she knew better now. That definitely wasn't what he was feeling and definitely wasn't what he was thinking.

The gates now stood before them, and all stopped just outside for a brief moment before it was time for business. Any and all conversations ceased and smiles were hidden behind their blank expressions. Darui and Bee moved to the front and led the group into the foreign village. Upon entry, they were greeted by the gate guards.