"What is it, Darui-sensei?"

"You and your team have been selected to take part in the Chunin Exams." Naruto smirked as well as Yugito but Darui continued. "They...are hosted by Konohagakure this time around."

Yugito watched as Naruto seemed to stare off into space and be lost in his own world. Darui noticed it as well and worry crept in. They knew he had no good memories of the place, and despite all that has happened, it does remain as a bad place in his mind. He'd gained friends here, and acknowledgment. Something he desperately wanted there, something he hoped he would have been able to attain. It just wasn't meant to be, as it never looked to change. Then he was swooped up and saved, taken away and brought to a new home, a fresh start. Thanks to the efforts of Omoi, he managed to open up and gain a friend, then slowly began making more, to where he had a small group of people he can truly call his friends.

Not only were his friends the ones to acknowledge him, but the village's Kage, Ay, the Raikage acknowledged him. The legendary Killer Bee acknowledged him. His Jonin Sensei, Darui acknowledged him. Mabui acknowledged him, Kira and Trey took him in as an extended member of the family. Everything he wished to have within Konoha, he gained here in Kumo. A home...friends and acknowledgment.

Now, here he was, soon to enter the next stage of his Shinobi career...but to do so, he'd need to return to the place that terrorized him as a child. To face the place that he still feared, even after all this time. Yugito reached out and grabbed onto his arm, drawing him back to the normal world and he looked over to notice her holding his arm, then smiled as he looked back to Darui.

"I see. We'll be good to go when it is time."

"Are you sure, Naruto? We would all unders-"

"I'm sure. Team 13 will make Kumo proud. I can promise you that. You will see that brining me here was worth it. I will not hold back, and victory is going to be Kumo's"

"Naruto...you have nothing to prove."

"I have everything to prove...Darui-sensei, I think it wise I go see Raikage-sama. I would like to report what I have gotten, and I would also request that I can do some training for the next couple weeks."

"Naruto, it can wait. You just got back." Yugito said.

Naruto shook his head and looked at Darui. "The sooner I report to him, the sooner I can get to training."

Darui nodded and decided to take both of them. So placing his hands on one of their shoulders each, they were gone. Reappearing in the Raikage's office, Ay greeted the group.

"Welcome back, Naruto. How was your journey? Find what you were searching for?"

Naruto smirked but frowned also. I got the knowledge of my Clan, every scroll, and every book is in my possession. I didn't, get to learn about the cause of my Clan's death. There was no signs of battle, nothing. No corpses just empty. It was like all of them just vanished."

"Well. At least you've gained something. Was everything ok?" Naruto hesitated and Ay caught it. "What is it?"

"Well, not everything was smooth. I rescued an old man and his daughter from some bandits...killing them...I got lost in myself...then in Fire Country, I was attacked by five Jonin."

Yugito snapped her head over to Naruto in shock and couldn't believe it. He was attacked by five Jonin? How did he make it out? Darui raised an eyebrow at Naruto but said nothing. Ay got serious and leaned forward on his desk.

"What happened?"

Naruto sighed and recounted the events. How he was blindsided after coming across an old shrine and how he was being beaten. Then came the part where he set up the barrier and this time though, he said he caught them all and managed to use another seal to finish the last three on his own.