𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘.

Start from the beginning

her h/c was tied into crooked pigtails- they were slightly messy because she did them herself- and she wore a dress that complimented her eyes. today her father had taken her out to good hunter for lunch. they haven't had a meal together ever since her mother had passed on. young y/n had a bright smile on her face. she believed that, slowly, her and her father would have a good relationship again.

while she was eating her fisherman's toast, she saw two kids running around happily. a boy with flaming red hair, and a boy with navy hair.

her father followed her gaze and noticed the boys. he let of a scoff and turned to his daughter. "do you see them y/n? the ragnvindr family has fallen to an all time low by taking in a random child. of course that family, along with the gunnhildr's have abandoned the proper ways of aristocracy."

y/n tilted her head in confusion. she didn't understand what her father just said but it didn't sound nice.

"my daughter, you should be a well behaved child. when i marry into the lawrence family, we'll live the true aristocrat life that we should." he pat her head. y/n stopped herself from flinching back. his touch no longer felt comforting.

"but what about mom?" surely her father wasn't going to forget about her mother and marry someone else.

"your mother is gone you should move on. i won't let that women hold me back from achieving greater things." he said indignantly.

he then got up. y/n was confused because she hadn't finished her meal yet. "i'll be leaving now. you know how to get back to the house. i came here with you to tell you that. make sure you behave yourself and stay quiet. the lawrence's won't accept a mannerless child."

she was left alone to finish her meal. but she felt like throwing up. the meal had tasted rotten to her. it took about ten minutes to finish the toast, since she was always taught to not waste food.

when she finally finished and started walking home, a young boy with navy hair watched as she walked off.

he thought she looked sad.

y/n woke up covered in sweat

y/n woke up covered in sweat. she was coughing so hard in felt like she couldn't breathe. after taking deep breaths and calming herself down, she looked up at the clock. she was asleep for nine hours. there was no way any person would go to work after being so late. but there was so much to do today. the plan was to finish the design on a new dress. kaeya had also said he was going to drop by today.

hopefully she could go to the boutique before he got there. she stumbled out of bed and into a change of clothes. sometimes she would sway side to side, and held onto the wall for support.

finally, she had finished getting ready. a quick check in the mirror, then y/n was off to work. at least that's what she thought. a few knocks were heard on the door. maybe if she didn't answer, they would just leave.

y/n stood still and waited to hear footsteps leaving. instead she heard a voice.

"y/n it's me, kaeya. you don't have to pretend no ones home." although she couldn't see his face, she knew he was smirking.

looks like he did get to the boutique before her. she opened the door for him. kaeya immediately placed the back of his hand to her head. without saying a single word, he stepped inside, grabbed her hand, placed her in her bed and then rolled her up into her blanket. it happened in a blink of an eye and when she finally noticed it was too late. the blanket wrapped around her left her immobile.

that didn't stop her from flopping around, trying to escape the confinement of the blanket. kaeya only laughed at her helpless state. she was moving so much she slipped off the edge of the bed. the calvary captain caught her, and put her back on the bed. his teasing smile was really pissing her off now.

"i was shocked to see that you weren't at work, so i came to visit you. you have an awful fever-" so that's why she felt so horrible. "- but it looks like you still tried to go to work. don't hate me too much but this blanket wrap is a necessity, considering how you'll try to go to the boutique no matter what."

y/n opened her mouth to retaliate. but no words were coming out. kaeya noticed and patted her head. it felt very soothing. "don't worry, i know how i'm a horrible man for doing this to you. i'll get you a glass of water so wait here."

a sly smile appeared on his face. "well it's not like you can go anywhere even if you wanted to."

oh how infuriating of him to say that.

when he came back with the water, he sat her up and helped her drink the water.

"i'll head out for a couple of minutes. i'm going to get you some porridge from good hunter. it'll help you feel better, okay? now get some rest while i go." he hands brushed against her eyes, signaling her to close them.

she fell asleep in the warmth of the blanket. kaeya watched her sleeping face, just to make sure she fell asleep and nothing more. after confirming that she was asleep he went to get the porridge.

he'll wanted her to get better as soon as possible so that they could hang out together again. but until her fever left, kaeya didn't mind taking care of her either.

❝ your mother won't come back for a brat

❝ your mother won't come back for a brat. ❞

1239

1239. edited.

<3 ty for 300 reads i love you <3