CHAPTER 17

HALLWAY - JUNGKOOK POV

The hallways were unnaturally quiet. My nerves were on edge with the silence coming from my wolf. He had been with me since my early teens and was incessantly sending feelings, thoughts and would talk freely with me. I didn't realize until today just how much of my life was filled with him.

Jimin: 'I'm on my way.'

Jimin's thoughts came through loud and clear. I could feel his uncertainty after having met with his brother as he was going through every single little detail of the visit. It was a comfort to hear his thoughts, feel his emotions and have him talk with me. I let his link in with joy.

'I am in the west wing on the way...'

Jimin: 'I can see where you are, so will be there soon.'

'You can see me?'

Jimin: 'Yes. It's really cool. It is almost like I can see what you see...it's fuzzy but there.'

Wow! I sat on one of the benches along the hallway. He can see what I see? I look at my hands then snicked and took a peek down my pants, sliding my hand into the depths.

Jimin: 'Goddess, Jungkook! What the... stop doing that!'

The shock and embarrassment filled my mind and I got a sudden shock to my belly. That was what he was feeling. I laughed out loud and heard it echo down the hall. Footsteps could be heard hurrying along the passage. I watched as he turned the corner and came into view.

Jimin: 'And you call me a naughty puppy!'

I couldn't help but laugh, tears running down my cheeks as I held my belly. I stopped and slowly came back to myself and sighed as he stood looking down at me. It had been so long since I had laughed like that.

His face looked angry, but there wasn't a single ounce of anger emanating from him as the corner of his mouth twitched to contain his laughter. I leaned forward and slid my arms around his hips, drawing him towards me to lay my head on his belly.

His fingers made their way into my hair and patted the strands near my neckline.

Jimin: 'Why these emotions, Jungkook? You feel sad and angry at the same time...'

'It is the loss of Minjun. Is this how you felt without Skye.'

Jimin sighed and cupped my downward face. 'I didn't know what I was missing. I just knew life was empty. I am sure this is harder for you because you know what it is like with him.'

'I can't lose you.' I meant every word of that sentence. Right now, Jimin was in my mind and he was in my heart. I now know why wolves die when their mates die and we haven't even mated yet.

Jimin softly slapped my cheek.

Jimin: 'Stop thinking that way...'

He crouched down so that our faces were at even level and looked me in the eye. My stomach did a dance at being so close to him.

Jimin: '...and we can't mate until we find out what will happen. The last thing I want is for you to permanently lose Minjun.'

I leaned back and closed my eyes. Right now I was filled to the brim with sorrow but at the same time wanted to tear apart something...anything...I needed to get this out of my system. The alpha energy was running insanely high and I couldn't even run it off without Minjun.

Jimin: 'Let's go exercise.'

I nod as I let him pull me to my feet.