He seems entertained by her words, the corners of his lips upturning once more. "I suppose you're right."

"Where is Finnick? Johanna?" Isla asks. She knows it's a long shot to expect him to tell her anything, but she has to try.

"Johanna is two rooms over. Finnick is with Katniss. He was in on her plan, they were taken from the arena by the rebels." She's stunned at his words. Not only because of what they imply, but at the simple fact he was telling her all of this.

She takes a moment to process the information. "He knew?" Isla asks, feeling dread fill every inch of her chest. "He knew and he left?"

Snow reaches a hand out to her, placing it lightly on top of her strapped down one. He pats it a few times. "I'm afraid so."

"So what now? Who wins? Where did they go?" She has so many questions, but President Snow stands now.

"I'm also afraid I can't give you all of the answers you want. I've said enough for now." He looks down at her with his cold blue eyes. "I hope you're telling the truth, Ms. Dunne. Because I don't like liars. And if you've lied to me, you'll be dearly sorry."

And with that, he leaves the room. Isla stares after him, still mentally processing the events that he claims happened. Finnick and Katniss, likely even Beetee, had planned to blow up the arena and escape with the help of the rebels. They left Isla and Johanna. Even Peeta had been left behind, as he'd been picked up by the same hovercraft as the two girls. So clearly, Peeta had been oblivious to the plan, or he would have stuck by the others.

Why would Katniss leave Peeta out of it? Isla had begun to believe their love was real. Apparently, he had been sacrificed for this plan. And Isla and Johanna had been left out, too, because neither had known anything about the plan. Because if Johanna knew, she would've stayed with the others... right?

But then Isla remembers Johanna's words when Katniss had gotten defensive over Wiress, "I got them out for you!" At the time, Isla hadn't understood what that meant. But clearly, Johanna had been trying to get Beetee to Katniss, for the tree operation. So Johanna did know? So maybe Peeta did, too. But why did they both leave and get on the wrong hovercraft?

Isla's head hurts as she tries to figure out the mess. However, one thing is clear. Isla was left in the dark about it all, and now, she's in the Capitol. And she has to convince them that she had nothing to do with any of it, or they'll kill her. Or worse.

After some time, nurses come to check on her. Everything seems to be fine, as peacekeepers soon join them and replace her straps with handcuffs. Isla is escorted down the white hallways, and at one point, she thinks she can hear Johanna's bratty tone. But it's gone as fast as it had come.

They board an elevator, and one of the many peacekeepers presses a button for the fourth floor. They're in the tribute centre. As the elevator ascends, Isla can tell that she was deep underground. Sunlight bursts through the windows as they hit ground level. She wants to cover her eyes, but she can't lift her arms to her face.

She doesn't bother to ask any questions as she's nudged out of the elevator on her floor. She knows they won't say anything. So, she goes along, being put in her room with the door closed behind her and she can hear as it's locked from the outside. Isla sits on her bed, still handcuffed and only covered by a thin, blue hospital gown.

The door clicks and opens again about fifteen minutes later, revealing an odd man wearing a ruby velvet suit. His hair is white, slicked back neatly. He looks odd, as even his eyebrows are silvery white. However, gold tattoos pop against his ebony skin. She doesn't say anything, just sits quietly and stares at him as he stares at her.