She began to cry...
"Well, to be fair" I said. "It doesn't really take much to make you cry"

~

-Yuki POV-

"All right kids" said Uotani when she and Hanajima came to our house.
Miss Hirose and Miss Honda were upstairs.
"We're going shopping for Tohru's new swimsuit and a light sweater for Mizuki" she said. "It'll be a present from all of us so everyone's chipping in. No arguments"

"Heh?" said Kyo. "You can't go around making decisions like that! And anyway, why does it got to be a swimsuit and a sweater?"
"Oh, quit blushing" said Uotani. "Have the rest of you done any housework since Tohru and Mizuki moved in? You might want to show them some gratitude once in a while"

"Swimsuit? Clothes?" said Shigure. "Indeed... I whole heartedly approve. Summer, here we come!"
"There, see. The scribbler understands" said Uotani.
"No he's just a pervert" said Kyo.

"Well, sure. Buying presents sounds fine" I said. "But why a swimsuit and a sweater specifically?"
"Oh, right" said Hanajima. "Suppose you three wouldn't know. The sad fact is, Mizuki only has sweaters from a friend of hers, since she likes wearing clothes that are too big for her and doesn't like shopping for clothes. And Tohru is still wearing her middle school swimsuit"

Shigure spit out his drink.
"What is your problem?!" shouted Kyo.
"Disgusting, Shigure" I said.

"Ready!" I heard Miss Honda. "Sorry to keep you waiting"
Shigure grabbed Miss Honda and Miss Hirose by their shoulders.
"Tohru! Mizuki! You have to! Please! Get one! For all our sakes" he said.

"One what?" asked Miss Hirose.
"Say yes! I'll get down on my knees and beg if I have to" said Shigure. "This can't go on!"
"It seems like he has a weakness for Tohru and Mizuki as well" said Hanajima.

~

-Mizuki POV-

They dragged us to a mall.
"Okay, why are we here?" I asked and they pushed us into a shop with swimsuits. "Eh, no way in hell. I'm out"
I wanted to leave but Uotani grabbed my wrist.

"Relax, this stop is for Tohru" she said and I frowned. "Deciding on one is gonna be harder than I thought"
We looked at all the swimsuits and I sighed.

"There's a lot to choose from, heh" said Tohru.
"Perhaps a one piece would suit you" said Hanajima.
"I think so too" I said.

"Hey! Morons!" shouted Uotani to Kyo and Yuki, who were facing us with their backs. "What's cuter? One piece or bikini's?"
She walked closer to them, while I helped Tohru looked for a swimsuit.
Eventually, we finally found a nice swimsuit for Tohru.

"You guys bought this for me?" said Tohru when they gave her the swimsuit. "Like a gift? I don't understand"
"It's our way of saying thank you" said Hanajima.
"But, I didn't even do anything" said Tohru.

"Come on, just take it already" said Kyo.
"Really, we want you to have it" said Hanajima.
"Please accept. Okay?" said Yuki.

"This means so much, thank you guys. I will treasure it. Forever and ever" said Tohru with tears in her eyes.
"Oh Tohru" said Uotani and she hugged Torhu, with Hanajima soon joining her.
"Now it's Mizuki's turn!" shouted Uotani.
"Heh? What?" I said.

She had dragged me to a clothing store, even here were the boys kind of flustered.
"I don't understand. Why are we here?" I asked.
"To pick out a nice light sweater for you" said Hanajima.

"But I have loads of sweaters" I said.
"But none of your own" said Uotani. "You only have those your friend gave you"
"Yes, because they're nice and comfy" I said.

"Okay, boys" said Uotani. "What colour does Mizuki suits best?"
"Red" said Kyo after thinking.
"Dark blue I think" said Yuki and even the girls were surprised.

"You're right, Prince" said Uotani.
"Mizuki does look best in darker colours" said Hanajima.
"This one looks great" said Uotani and she held a sweater in front of me. "It's big, light and still gives off a summer vibe"

It was very pretty...
"Go and try it on" said Hanajima.
I sighed and went to the changing rooms.

I took off my shirt, but in changing rooms, there were mirrors all around... so I could see every scar...
I quickly put on the sweater, it was indeed big, and I could let my shoulder bear if I wanted to. It was one of the few places where I didn't have a scar. Only the part on my back was a scar visible...

"Mizu-chan? Are you okay?" asked Tohru and I snapped out of my thoughts.
'You can't keep hiding them forever, Mizuki. This could be a start...'
I stepped out of the changing room and Uotani and Hanajima both raised their thumbs.

"I like seeing the shoulder, Mizuki" said Uotani. "What do you think, Prince? Mizuki, turn around"
"Do I have to?" I sighed and she nodded. "Fine..."
I slowly turned around and I saw Kyo staring at me.

Yuki had seen some of my scars, so he was just smiling.
But Kyo... he was just staring at me.
"I think you look very cute, Miss Hirose" said Yuki and I blushed.

"Carrots" said Uotani.
"It looks good" said Kyo eventually...

~

They gave the sweater to me as a gift and I thanked them.
"Kyo" I said while we were walking to the restaurant. "Can we talk?"
Yuki looked at us and I smiled at him.

"Don't worry, Yuki. It won't take long, we'll be right behind you" I said and he nodded.
When they were inside Kyo didn't dare to look at me.
"Want to talk about it?" I asked and he kept looking down. "You can ask me about it, you know"

"Did your dad do that to you?" he asked.
"Yes" I said, his head snapped at me and his eyes were big and shocked. "I thought you knew about it"

"I heard about the abuse, but... not about the scars and how bad it was" he said and I sighed.
"Only Tohru and Yuki have seen most of them" I said. "It's why I always wear clothes that are too big for me. I don't like being pitied by others when they see them"

"I'm sorry" he said.
"What for exactly?" I asked.
"Staring, and making you feel uncomferteble" he said and I chuckled.

"It's fine" I said. "I'm trying to get better. I'm talking about it a bit more and that helps. The children at the orphanage too. Even living with you, Yuki and Shigure has helped me. I'm trying to get better, it'll just take a while"
He just stood there silently.
"Come on, before the others get worried" I said and we walked into the restaurant.

~

"Which swimsuit did you end up getting?" asked Yuki to Tohru.
"You'll find out when she wears it" said Uotani. "I mean, you'll probably go to the beach, right?"
"I hope so anyway" said Yuki.

"We ladies should take a trip of our own sometime" said Uotani.
"We should" said Tohru.
"I would enjoy that" said Hanajima.

"Sound like a good idea" I said.
"You're so close, like you've been friends a long time" said Yuki. "Did you meet in elementary school?"
"Oh no, middle school actually" said Tohru.

"Hanajima, you started at our school like in what, 8th grade?" asked Uotani.
"Yes, I had to transfer in. I caused some minor problems at my previous school" said Hanajima.
"Uotani, weren't you still part of that gang when we first met?" I asked.

"Sure was" said Uotani. "I started running with them in 5th grade"
"You always ran around with that mask on" said Tohru.
"Don't forget the super long skirts and thin eyebrows" said Uotani.

"No mask now, but the last two are still true" said Hanajima.
"Oh, guess you're right" laughed Uotani.

She began to tell the story of how she was back when she was in a gang. And the story of how we met...