C H A P T E R O N E

All scenes, character and places you recognise do not belong to me!

This story follows the Peaky Blinders plot, with twists and extras that show odd Daisy's character!

C H A P T E R O N E

- P A R T O N E -

Daisy sat in the betting room, both of her short legs hanging through the worn-down bars of the wood, green railing. Small electric lights shone through the room, reflecting off the many metal typewriters; it was a regular day for most Peaky Blinders.

Mornings like these were boring for thirteen-year-old Daisy- unable to join in the action and find out all that goes on- she often finds herself lonely, overwatching the business of upcoming events.

Aunt Polly and John bickered in the room to her right, something about John being clueless for Finn told her. Arthur seemed unbothered as he wrote stacking numbers on the chipped chalkboard, and Thomas was off doing illegal business, of which she could understand.

Bored, Daisy soon found herself wandering, pulling herself from the comfort of up high and wondering in the depths of others. Nobody seemed to notice the young girl around anymore; no one was really bothered, of course, they saw her every day.

Fancying whiskey, little or a lot, the girl stepped into Tommy's office, closing the door behind her making sure it wouldn't turn head, in response dragging notice to her actions.

The browned bottle sat neatly on top of his busy desk, the shine of the label dragging her in. She smiled at the sight, her smile soon turning into a grin as she sat on her brothers business chair, the comfiest chair in the Shelby Home.

World seeming bliss as she took a smooth swing of the substance, bottle now open and in her hand, she drank. One sip, two sips, three. Those sips soon turning into half a bottle, that half a bottle slowly.

Drowsy and disorientated, the girl stood, eager to escape, therefore, lowering her chances of getting caught. She left the room, flinging the door shut behind her yet unable to focus on what she wished to do. She musn't have been in there any more than half an hour yet was most definitely the opposite of sober.

Arthur had left, she was soon to realise this after failing to find him and making her search for Finn.

Knowing he'd be in his office, she set off for there, a sad excuse of "sorry" and "excuse me" often tumbling from her lips and the girl pushed her way through.

Seeking the boy, she was quick to see him, sat in his chair, feet up on the desk, "Finn," she muttered, collapsing on the floor beside him and resting her head on his lap, "I feel like shit."

It was a shame Daisy couldn't handle her drink, much to the dismay of John and Arthur. A Shelby trait was being good with their alcohol, most just assumed it was something she'd get better at with age.

"You been drinkin'?" Finn asked, subconsciously running his hand through her brown hair. Frowning when she nodded, he let off an audible groan, "we've told you not to, you're thirteen."

Shrugging slightly, the girl allowed her eyes to close, finding comfort in the warmth of her older brothers body.

"You're not falling asleep on me either, I've got to go find Arthur in a second," the boy warned, pulling her eyelid upwards to stop her finding rest, "I can bring you to Polly if you like."

"Her and John will murder me," Daisy muttered, "why does my head hurt this much, it's only been like half an hour."

"Alcohol wasn't made for the teenage body."