𝐚 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐲 𝐫𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧

Start from the beginning

"I'm Asagiri Gen, though judging from your reaction earlier, you already knew that." he smirks and held out his hand for you to shake. You took it and gave him a shy smile. "Gentlemen don't be rude! Introduce yourselves!" Gen urged the other two.

"Nanami Ryusui." The one you recognized as the son of the owner of the Nanami Conglomerate greeted with a wide smirk. You waved at him awkwardly, you weren't really used to meeting multiple people in such a short amount of time. The other stuck out his hand as well, giving you a handshake. "Saionji Ukyo."

After the introductions, the males proceeded to eat their meals aside from the mentalist who was smirking the whole time. "You guys aren't gonna wait for our dear friend?" He asked. Ukyo chuckled dryly, "It was your idea to go straight to this restaurant. That nerd still probably hasn't even entered the earth's atmosphere yet." Gen pouts at Ukyo's monotone. "Didn't he say he returns today?" Ryusui says in between muffled burps.

"Who returns today?" An all too familiar voice rang out from behind, making you tense up. It was a bit lower than you had remembered it, maybe a bit hoarse as well from lack of speaking.

"Senku!" Gen stood up and approached the said man, probably going for a hug. His attempts were foiled as the ruby-eyed male stands aside before Gen could touch him, a wide smirk present on his face. "Missed me?" He asks the other males on the table, taking note of the unfamiliar figure who took his seat.

"Oi, who's the new guy?" He asks, walking over to you who still had your back turned. You could practically hear the smirk in his tone.

Guy? Was he being serious?

"Ishigami, I swear to the gods above..." You stand up, a bit irritated. Turning around, your eyes finally land on those familiar ruby eyes that still held the same arrogance from way back. Your breath hitched, his appearance was quite unfamiliar to the one you got used to. He got taller but so did you, so you were a good three inches shorter. He wasn't sporting his usual lab coat. Instead, a casual button-up shirt replaced it. It was a good look on him, you noted. But what caught your attention was his hair, "Glad to see your hair finally abiding by the laws of physics."

Your statement caused some of your new friends to snicker. Senku smirks, "Yeah, it got too long so I cut it short." He explains, crossing his arms with a nostalgic expression. Boy did he missed this. He missed you.

Quickly grabbing another chair from a nearby empty table, Gen offered Senku a seat. It was now the six of you at the table, engaging in idle chatter. You soon learned that Senku had fulfilled his dream, he went to space and today was supposedly his return after a few months of venturing into the stars. As for you, you've made quite the name for yourself in the field of food science, just as Senku had predicted. It was all thanks to your help that your father was able to earn his final Michelin star, after all. Speaking of your father, your phone buzzed due to a text from him.

'Don't bother returning to the kitchen. Enjoy your day off ;))'

You silently chuckle and tuck your phone away, going back to your conversation with the five males. Gen was admiring a vase that had intricate designs on it. He had a good eye, but you had hoped he was careful. "Don't even think of breathing on that, it's expensive." You say. Your companions laugh at your exaggerated warning.

The future was looking bright for you.

Everyone had finished the meals and was now talking about going back to work. Senku, on the other hand, had his eyes on you. "If I remember correctly, we have unfinished business. No?" He smirks, a ghost of a blush on his face. You return the smirk, "That, we do."

The tension in the air was thick, you could practically cut it with a knife.

"So..." You trail off, not knowing what to say next. What do you even say to your best friend who confessed to you? Not to mention you've left hanging for the past five years.

Senku chuckles and offers you his hand, "Mind accompanying me back to my house?" His voice had an underlying suggestive tone to it, a tone that you never knew Senku could even muster up.

You take his hand in yours, blushing. "Sure." He pulled you over, locking you in a warm embrace. Suddenly, you could feel both your hearts beating in sync at an alarming rate. You were embarrassed, to say the least. Senku wasn't the type to show affection in public, after all.

"You have no idea how long I've waited for this." He says breathlessly. Senku gently caressed your cheeks, as if asking for permission. You blush and close your eyes, urging him to continue. Without a single thought, he connected your lips with his. Strangely, the taste was similar to a beverage you've been obsessed with all your life.

"Please, don't leave me again." The ruby-eyed male says as he looks away, still not used to showing affection after all these years. "I won't, I promise."

He smiles, "I love you so much, ten billion percent."

END.