3 - THE PROPOSAL

Chennai,
Varshini's office...

"I'm gonna propose her da today..."

"That's superb da... All the best"

"Are you sure? She had fallen for you?"

"Hopefully. I'm gonna propose with this ring. I'm sure she would reciprocate my love"

I heard Varshini's car sound. Then I went to her room waiting for her.

She entered the room. It was totally decorated with balloons. She was shocked.

"Rosh... What's happening?"

He suddenly took the ring and made her wear it.

"Let me be precise. I ve earned a lot in my life, except you. Now, I'm quite sure that I've earned enough to own you and your love. Will you accept me?"

She was silent. Just silent. I waited for her to speak.

"Why don't you speak Varsh? Sorry. I hope you don't mind called you like that"

"Never" She smiled.

"You didn't answer my proposal"

"Isn't my smile enough?"

I felt like the world is at my feet and I screamed out of joy. I started distributing sweets to everyone in my office.

She saw me shouting and warned me

"Rosh... Is this the way to behave in the office time?"

"No. Sorry ma'am"

She went and my friend arrived. He congratulated me on my victory but said that she's very sincere.

"Just now you proposed her. But she's still cautious about work. What a character!"

"Yeah. But too sincere..."

Later, I received a call from her.

"Rosh. We have a meeting today afternoon. Mr. Rajesh and his colleagues have arranged for lunch. So we'll share our lunch today"

"Sure ma'am"

That was like a piece of ice on lemon soda.

Afternoon 2 pm.
Meeting after lunch

Presenter : I would like to call upon Ms. Varshini to share a few words about the growth of her company.

She reached the dias.

"Good afternoon to one and all present here. Thanks for coming. This isn't just a business meeting but also a thanksgiving ceremony to all our employees. In the past few months we've reached the number 1 position among our competitors and I would credit all our employees equally"

Applause...

And... I would like to give a special mention to Mr. Roshan Dhruv Raj, my personal assistant. He made a great job in the development of our company.

Everyone applauded me. Another ice on the cake.

I felt like hugging her but she was on the opposite side of the longest oval table in the world, probably.

"Thanks ma'am. Thank you for a place in your personal life too"

"What do you mean?"

"Why are you hiding it?"

"What am I hiding?"

"Stop playing, Varsh.."

"Stop calling me that"