Timeskip

Y/N's POV
Location: Beacon Academy Dorm Hallway

The elevator stopped on mine and RWBY's floor, grabbing the bag Yang's lunch, I stepped off the elevator and began to traverse the hallway of the dorms. It was oddly quiet at this hour, especially for a weekend. Normally there'd be at least one group of students having a party or hanging out together. However, today it seemed not even the wind itself was th-

*thump*

I felt myself lose balance and fall on my back, somehow the soup and soda managed to survive the fall without spillage.

???: Oh crud... I'm so sorry man, are you alright?

I looked up at the voice and was met with the face of a young man around my age with short brown hair parted to the left. His eyes were a sparkling blue and he bore a big and cheery smile. But something felt wrong, that same awful feeling I had on the way here came back, and seemed to worsen the more I looked at him. It was as if he was the main source of the terrible feeling, like his whole demeanor was a mere mask that hid something much more sinister. I could feel my stomach churn and constrict, as if I was going to vomit. I don't know why or where this terrible feeling came from, but it wasn't subsiding and if anything was getting significantly worse. Gods this feeling is unbearable...

???: He-hello? Hey buddy are you alright?

Y/N: Huh? Oh uh... yes, *gets up* yes I'm fine my friend thank you. I just got this terrible feeling out of nowhere, perhaps it was from the sudden fall.

???: *hands bag to Y/N* Yeah, again I'm very terribly sorry about that. I'm running late to a meeting across Beacon.

Y/N: Hey it's no problem man, we all get a bit clumsy when we are under the pressure of time.

He nodded and began to run off, how foolish of me... I forgot to ask him what his name was. Oh well, I'm sure I'll see him again, after all he must be staying in Beacon to be here in the dorms. Still, I am unsure as to why he seemed to radiate that terrible feeling I got on the way here? No matter, I'm here now and I'm sure I'll feel better once I see Yang again.

Short Timeskip

Y/N's POV
Location: Team RWBY's Dorm

Y/N: *knocks on dorm door* Yang?

Yang: *muffled* Y-yes? Who is it?

Y/N: Uh, it's me Y/N. I heard you weren't feeling great so I brought you some lunch and came to check up on you.

I heard the muffled sound of frantic footsteps and Yang cursing under her breath very quietly from behind the door. After a few moments I heard the sound of something falling onto the mattress of a bed. Shortly it was followed by the soft flipping of covers being wrapped around said something.

Yang: *muffled* Sorry for making you wait, please come in.

I opened the door and was hit with this odd smell, one I hadn't ever encountered during my time being in their dorm or any for that matter. It was musky, foul to a degree, and had a souring undertone to it. I turned my attention away from the smell and towards the bunk beds. Yang was resting in Blake's, I presume because she was too sick to keep hopping up and down from hers. I walked over and placed the canister of soup and ginger soda on a small folding table and sat down on the other side of the bed. Yang looked up at me, looking a bit annoyed, but it was a different annoyed as in it seemed as if she was annoyed at me.

Y/N: How are you feeling?

Yang: I'm fine Y/N, I just...

Y/N: Yes, just what?

Yang: *sinks into the blankets* Never mind.

I pulled the covers down from her face and noticed a red mark on the left side of her neck. I decided not to bring it up knowing that she probably was already feeling very self-conscious as is. I don't blame her, if I was the tough one in the relationship and I got sick to the point where I was rendered bed bound, I'd probably be feeling the same way.

Y/N: Please tell me Yang, you know I won't judge you for why you're sick. Plus we all get ill at times and it's okay to have a sick day.

She sighed and looked up at me, her lilac eyes were dimmed in the dark and quiet room. Slowly she got up and wrapped her arms around me, her warm and soft breathing warming the side of my neck.

Yang: I'm sorry Y/N, I know you won't judge me... I'm just not proud of what I did.

Y/N: What did you do? Whatever it was I'm sure it wasn't anything catastroph-

Yang: I got super wasted last night. I was incredibly bored and decided to go to Juniors for the night while you and Blake were having your date. I didn't plan on having more than one drink, but I guess I'm not very good at moderation. *sighs* I'm just very hung over right now, you don't need to worry about me though. I'll be fine by tomorrow.

I began chuckling to myself and Yang broke off the hug and looked at me confused.

Yang: What's so funny?

Y/N: I guess you could say you have a case of a... 'Yang'over?

The room went still and I was worried for a moment that I was going to walk out of the dorm with a couple teeth missing. Then everything continued to move with Yang laughing hysterically at the pun.

Yang: Gods that was the cheapest pun I've ever heard in my life. 

She continued to laugh as she wrapped me in another hug and pulled me down into a cuddling position.

Yang: Thank you for checking up on me my little angel, and for making that awful pun.

Y/N: Aw, come on... it wasn't that bad. Better than your "I like to start my year off with a Yang" joke.

We both chuckled and continued talking about whose pun game is better. Although I know she's okay, I still can't shake that terrible feeling from earlier. Also that smell, I can't make out just what the hell it is? Maybe I'm going crazy, or who knows, I might just be suffering from my own 'Yang'over...