The Encounter

NAME GUIDE:

Hana: Flower

Akane: Ruby

Homura: Firey

IMPORTANT NOTE: Since this is taking place in Japan, I want to make it as accurate as I possibly can, being a westerner, so please correct me if I've got something wrong! If you have any questions regarding the character's names, cultural differences, language choices, etc., feel free to ask them!

---

 As Hana walked down the sidewalk, she felt the cold wind pushing against her, sweeping her hair off her shoulders and waving her skirt behind her. Granted, April mornings were usually a bit cold, but it was surprisingly chilly today, and there was almost never this much wind in Goikyo. Odd weather we're having, she thought as she continued her walk. It was the first day of her first semester as a junior at Yoyleland Academy, and she was... less than thrilled. Not that many her age are excited for break to be over, but nonetheless, she was not looking forward to it. At the very least, she shared a class with her girlfriend Akane, and Homura, whom she had recently become friends with over break, so it wouldn't be completely terrible.

 Her stride was broken when she was hit smack-dab in the face with a few leaves. It didn't hurt or anything, but it certainly threw her off pace. "What is up with this wind?!" she thought aloud, quickly throwing a leaf off her face. Now annoyed, she picked out several leaves from her hair. She had spent all morning making it look nice, and now it had been messed up and slightly wetted by the residue on the leaves. After brushing herself off to make sure she had nothing on her uniform, she saw a shape move in the alley.

 Quickly turning her head, Hana looked throughout to see the source of the movement, but it was seemingly gone. Suddenly, though, a small dog emerged from the alley and approached her, making some small noises. The dog's appearance was rather strange- it appeared otherwise to be a normal dog, small in size, with bright eyes and a round face and ears, yet it had a bright yellow coat, and some strange marking on its chest. "Well, I'll be damned," said Hana, putting down her bag and bending down to meet the dog's height. She slowly and cautiously reached out towards the dog, who quickly accepted her affection. Hana smiled. 

 "Aw, good dog," she said, rubbing its head. Normally, she didn't even like dogs that much, but there was something about this one that felt... different. Maybe it was its unnatural appearance, or that it was so friendly, but she took a bit of a liking to it. Looking down at the dog's chest, Hana got a closer look at the marking, which was strangely even and symmetrical, seeming too perfect to be natural, but also not appearing to be shaved in or dyed. It was the shape of an X, in a slightly paler shade than the rest of its coat. What kind of freaky cross-breeding did they have to do to get a dog like this? thought Hana.

 CRASH 

 Startled by the sudden noise, Hana looked back up into the alleyway, and saw a fallen trash can lid, and then something even more unusual- a fluffy blue cat. It also bore a marking on its chest, different from the dog's- this one appeared to be the Arabic numeral 4, in open form. The cat glared at her with icy eyes, seeming oddly haunting, and filled with animosity. Hana stared at the cat, taking a few seconds to ensure what she was seeing was real. 

 "Well, this just got even weirder. What kind of anime nonsense is this?" she asked to nobody in particular. The cat growled at her, arching up its back and fluffing up its tail, appearing angry. The small dog stepped forward and yipped a bit in response. At this, the cat calmed down a bit, still seeming agitated, but lowering its ground. Hana stared quizzically at what she was witnessing, then realized that she had been wasting time she should have been using walking to school.

 Quickly, she picked her bag back up from the ground. "I've gotta go!" she yelled before bolting it down the path. She questioned what she had just seen, and if she had somehow stumbled into an alternate reality or was having a really realistic dream, but she didn't have time to ponder on it.

 Unbeknownst to her, as she ran off, the cat still glared.

---

And there you have it fellas

Sorry this first one was so short, but it has significance, I promise

The next chapter is gonna be based around establishing the environment and characters along with Hana/Flower's background and relationships, so it's gonna be a bit slow. It'll get to the magic stuff not too long in, but I wanna spend time establishing this stuff since it's important. I'm also planning on having this story be pretty long, since there's a lot of stuff I wanna include. I'm currently planning on devoting myself to this story since I have things planned out, but please forgive me if a while from now, I end up dropping it or having to go on a break. I really want to finish this story eventually, but it's gonna take a while. I'll probably put my other writing projects on hold a bit, like the oneshot books, since I want this to be a priority, so I apologize if you were waiting for updates on that.