Neither of them had really spoken to Miriam much. They weren't flat out ignoring her, just more so avoiding her. Ana really didn't care about the enforcement she had used on her, and maybe in a way she was grateful for it. Michael, however, was still sore about it. He was happy that his lover was happy, he was happy that she chose to stay and rule by his side. And while he understood her feelings were genuine and not of force, he felt like she'd been cheated. That's what he was bothered with.

For the past few days, Ana had been dreaming of the dream she had with Helena, and she wondered if it had been real. Of course, the braid that had been in her hair had been of great evidence, but she still was skeptical. She didn't know why, it wouldn't have been the strangest thing to have happened to her.

And a few minutes later, they both laid side by side as they panted wildly, their naked bodies glistening in sweat. "Shit." She breathed, reaching her hand to the bedside table to pull out a cigarette.

Michael turned to watch her movements, his eyes narrowing. "I wish you wouldn't do that." He sighed, watching as she lit the cigarette.

"Why?" She sat up on her elbows, turning to face him.

"It destroys your lungs." He leaned against the headboard.

The girl let out a laugh, shaking her head. "And you want to destroy the world. I think I win, darling." She took a puff as she stood up, a small smirk on his face.

"Fair." He nodded, watching as she got dressed. "Still, it's my room, after all."

Ana scoffed, glaring at him as she buttoned up her jeans. "Fine then. I'll sleep in my room from now on."

Michael rolled his eyes. "No, you won't."

It was true, she had yet to spend a night in the room Miriam had made for her, mostly because the bright colors were too much for her now. She liked the darkness of his room, the black and deep red alluring her in. However, she was in there from time to time, still holding the responsibility of feeding her fish.

"You wouldn't last one night without me." He smirked, sitting up.

She pulled her shirt over her head, which happened to be a black, long sleeve shirt. Even her wardrobe had changed. "Well, I will. Just to piss you off, my love." She snickered as she gave him the finger, turning to leave the room before she was pressed up against the door.

Her turned her around and crashed his lips to hers, his body flush against hers as he pulled her lip with his teeth. She gasped for breath when they pulled away, and she looked up to him with a smirk. "Alright, maybe I won't."

He nodded in triumph as he glanced down at her, noticing she had put her shoes on. "Where are you going?"

"Shopping." She smiled, throwing her arms around his neck. "And you're coming with me."

"No, I'm not." He rolled his eyes. "You know I don't like shopping." He squeezed her waist, peering down at her.

"Yes, you are and yes, you do." She nodded. "Come on, Michael, we've not left this place in days! Aren't you bored?" She sighed, leaning her head against the door dramatically.

It was true, they hadn't left the house, or barely his room for that matter. Mostly because Ana was trying to avoid her friends, and she knew it would be a riot if they found her. But also because Ana was helping him with his magic. She held more fascination for it now, and that only fueled his motivation. He was really quite powerful, which meant that it would be soon time to enter the next part of the process. He hadn't told her about that yet, not wanting to scare her. They had enemies, many of them. And even though he figured she would be mad that he was keeping it from her, she was truly happy now, and he refused to take it away.