5

~ Hum pey lazim hai sadaa usko sadayen dena

Woh pukaren ge tou yeh wadaa khilafi hogi

Daneen woke up feeling a strong arm around her waist

Daneen woke up feeling a strong arm around her waist. She somehow loved the warmth and closed her eyes. Her peace was long forgotten as last night's memories came back. How she was broken by being called a slut. How her dignity was questioned. Her youth's memories, all that accusations triggered something in her as she abruptly sat up and breathed heavily. Her lungs seemed constricted as sweat broke out on her forehead. Her hands shivered and she was on the edge of passing out when she felt a figure rubbing her back and soothing her. Someome whispered "It's alright." in her ears while side hugging her and caressing her hair. She instantly relaxed and moved towards the person. Her breath became normal as she opened her eyes to see the person. It was Samraan who looked at her at the same time.

Shyness took over her as she looked at their position and she quickly went to sit on the edge of the bed. Samraan cleared his throat and sat up straight. Both of them were in their own thoughts. Suddenly, Daneen heard Samraan's voice from behind.

"I am sorry Daneen for behaving like that with you last night. It was just the spur of moment. I am just a destroyed person who can't control my emotions. Allah know how hard I am trying to make myself better but it's just not working for me. Please forgive me for all those harsh words." Samraan sounded so helpless at that moment that even Daneen was surprised. He had always seemed so strong and arrogant that the hopeless side of his felt alien.

"Thanks for asking for forgiveness from this slut but Mr. Samraan you are not the only one with emotional trauma. Everyone carries their baggage and no one has the right to insult someone whenever they feel like." Daneen said angrily with tears in her eyes.

Samraan couldn't do anything besides feeling shame and guilt. He walked towards Daneen, bent in front of her and sat down with his head hung low.

"I am sorry. I will say it a thousand times. I feel ashamed that I forgot my mother's upbringing and became such a monster. You are right and I understand. I will never do anything to hurt you. I promise." Samraan said and kissed her hands. He stood up and left the room leaving Daneen shocked.

"I don't which version of you to trust." Daneen whispered to herself, staring at the wall.

******************

Next few days passed quietly. The only change was that Daneen had started taking her food at the table. Both of them sat in their silence, ate their food and left for their businesses.

Daneen was sitting in the lounge eating chips as she saw a drama on television.

"If I keep eating like this I will become a potato by the end of this month. Daneen, control yourself."
Daneen made a mental note as she continued munching.