𝕹𝖔𝖓 𝖚𝖓 𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖉𝖎𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖊

It had been getting quite noisy outside

Rubbing her face to get the itchy flyaways off, Donatella moaned and shuffled in the bed, naked under the sheets. She flung her arm across to hold her man, but his absence beside her woke her up.

Waiting for her vision to clear, she let the facts register in her clouded mind.

It really was beginning to get quite noisy outside.

Judging by the lack of the presence of his belonging around the room, she guessed that he had presumably left. Perhaps she had slept for too long.
Probably, she admitted to herself mentally, as she looked at the shut window that had been letting in a few bright beams of light through the chipped off and cracked clefts of the wooden pane. The bed squeaked a little as she stretched her arms, then clumsily got off the bed and began picking up her clothes from the floor, blushing and subtly giggling to herself as she recalled the moment when they had been dropped there.

All dressed and done, she tugged on the comforter, deciding to fold it, when a familiar sheet flung out from underneath it and dropped to the floor.

Setting the comforter aside on the corner of the bed, she bent down to pick up the photograph of herself, smiling to herself at how pretty it had turned out to be. She looked perfect in it, posing just the way her darling had asked her to, looking at the camera just the way he had wanted her to. Solido was indeed good at making a woman look good, she thought with a mischievous smirk. Deciding to keep the picture safely with the rest of the bunch, she turned towards the bedside desk where the ornate nightshade had been placed, only to be confused at the fact that the envelope of pictures was not there.

A very deep yawn escaped her lips and she felt her body shudder at it. That was strange, she wondered, considering that she had overslept a lot. Maybe the activities from last night had left her worn out.

For some reason, it was getting extremely noisy outside.

Startled by the sudden shrieks of a woman outside which she had noticed only now, Donatella turned around and moved towards the window of her room. Undoing the bolt that held the window shut, she pushed the panes open and squinted her eyes at the source of the strong light that had been leaking into her room.

Wait I thought it was daytime...

Never in her entire life till now had she visualized herself witnessing a fire so big that it would engulf in its wrath an entire village.

The village burning next to the one that she lived in.

And that wasn't the only thing that took her by the horror.

The picture that she held in her hand swayed out of her fingertips and slowly dropped to the floor as she silently mumbled the name while watching the searing flames.

"Solido......"

~~~

The framed picture that lay slanted on the shelf against the wall caught your interest and you bent closer to it, eyes fixated on it with a frown.