𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐢𝐫

Depuis le début

The (e/c) eyed teen played well, Senku observed. An arrogant smirk danced across the male's face as he dribbled the ball across the court.

"Nanami for three!" The commentator shouted as you jumped, shooting from quite a distance. Senku, however, took note of how the male flinched at the mention of his family name. "Oi Hashimo, for the last time. My surname is (L/n)!" (Y/n) shouted at the commentator who just shrugged as the ball went in the net, the arrogant smirk never left his face though there was a hint of annoyance in his tone. For some odd reason, this irked Senku. Was this how his other companions felt when he smirked too much? It gave him the impression that (Y/n) was quite the self-centered egotist, but he hoped his assumptions were wrong. The ruby-eyed teen glanced back at you and your eyes made contact, startling him a bit. Another cheeky wink came from the (e/c) eyed teen as he carried on with the game.

Ba-dump!

What the actual fuck?

Senku could've sworn his heart skipped a beat at (Y/n)'s gesture. It was impossible, he thought. For the majority of his life, he had already thought that he identified as aromantic. This was definitely a new experience for him. Surely, it was just caused by the adrenaline rushing through his system as he watched the game... right? It was illogical to even dwell on that small incident, and so he shrugged it off for now. The (e/c) eyed teen did emit overwhelming charisma, so that may have been a factor in why Senku reacted that way.

The young scientist stood up from his seat and made his way back to the lab once he saw that the game was over. (Y/n)'s team won, no surprise there. His small trip was cut short as Yuzuriha blocked his way. "'Sup?" He asked, somewhat annoyed that the world was depriving him of some peace and quiet. To his surprise, Yuzuriha clasped her hands together with a pleading look on her face, "Please take over my place for the table tennis match!"

A confused look made its way to Senku's face as he raised an eyebrow at the girl. "It's a family emergency! I already asked everyone and they were busy, you're my only hope Senku!"

The male still wasn't convinced and considered it to be a hassle. "You don't have to worry about winning, the table tennis match isn't really that important for the others." Yuzuriha informs.

"Then why do I even have to participate if it isn't that important-" Senku stopped in his tracks when he saw Yuzuriha sending him a sharp glare. He sighs, "Fine."

The angry look left the female's face as those words left Senku's mouth. "Great! The auditorium is probably cleared out by now, that's where the competition takes place. Good luck!" Yuzuriha says with a grateful grin and ran out of Senku's sight.

He knew he should've declined Yuzuriha's offer. There, the young Nanami wore a sly smile as he stood on the opposite side of the table and flipped the paddle in his hand restlessly. This gave Senku the impression that the male was indeed experienced with this sport. He was screwed.

"We meet again, leeky." You teased, earning a huff from Senku. The new nickname irked him, to say the least, and almost made him come up with a sassy remark. He stopped himself. It was pointless to assume your whole character based on his first impression of you. Who knows, maybe he might find something interesting under all that arrogance.

His usual confident smirk came back as he stared back at your (e/c) eyes. "Good to finally meet you, Nanami..." He trails off, waiting for your next move. You visibly slump down at the mention of your last name which made Senku smirk. Two can play this teasing game.

The young Nanami laughs as he grabbed a ball. "How about a friendly match first? We have a few hours before the competition starts." You propose, a bit eager to see the ruby-eyed teen's skill with the sport. Senku made no move to object the offer and so you immediately give him an underspin serve.