Chapter 61: You Treat Me as Your Son

Start from the beginning

Yan Gan leaned on the armrest of the sofa with one hand. He propped his chin and looked at her lazily, but his words were like daggers: "Is the blind person really me?"

Zhao Tao was taken aback.

"We knew each other when we were in school. If I remember correctly, at that time, it was...in the United States." Yan Gan thought for a while and said leisurely: "What do you like about me?"

Like the elegance he put up for show, like the mask on his face, or like the hypocritical enthusiasm he displayed.

Yan Gan said, "But I'm not a good person. Businessmen don't have clean hands. What you like is just the me you want to see? Even your father can see that I am really not a good match for you. What is it you don't get?"

What you like is the real elegant noble boy, and I'm just a rogue in that skin.

Zhao Tao's eyes were red, and she had to admit that Yan Gan was actually right. In fact, she had always known it, but the stubbornness in her bones prevented her from admitting defeat. She took a deep breath and asked, "You are plausible. Then, is Jian Qiaoxin a good match for you?"

Yan Gan chuckled lightly when he mentioned him. He said, "No."

Zhao Tao was taken aback, raised her head and looked at the person in front of her in surprise. This time, she saw the so-called true tenderness on Yan Gan's face for the first time.

Yan Gan waved his hand and said, "He is not suitable for the Yan's family, nor is he suitable for me. Neither our temperament nor condition is suitable."

Zhao Tao mumbled: "Then you..."

Yan Gan's voice was not high, but he had an inexplicable power: "But I chose him."

Whether it's the customary marriage contract with you or the arranged marriage with Wen Yuan by the old Commander, it's all imposed on me by other people.

Only Jian Qiaoxin is the one I personally chose for myself.

Yan Gan smiled and said to Zhao Tao: "It can't be helped, you know that I don't have good eyes, so I chose him, what can I do?"

Zhao Tao was angrily speechless: "You, you..."

Yan Gan put away his dignity. He looked around the office and said, "I don't think we will be able to talk about any projects anymore. It's rare for us to have such a peaceful chat. You can go back. I will hand it over in two days. Some properties and projects, and will fill in the money hole."

The loss was hundreds of millions of dollars, it was easier to say than to fill it in.

Zhao Tao stared at him blankly, she couldn't think that Yan Gan would do this.

Yan Gan's eyes gradually darkened as he watched her, his smile couldn't reach the bottom of his eyes: "Tao'er, I used to think you are a little girl. It turns out that Uncle only looks away once and here you've grown up."

Zhao Tao felt inexplicably guilty. For a moment, she felt as if she had been seen by Yan Gan, and could not speak clearly: "A Gan, I..."

Yan Gan didn't want to talk to her anymore. He went straight to the desk and sat down. He opened the files on the desk and started to read them, and he pressed the button as he sat down: "Secretary Li, see Miss Zhao off."

The anxious Secretary Li who was waiting outside heard the words and hurried in: "Miss Zhao, I will see you off."

Zhao Tao glanced at Yan Gan at the table, but the other party didn't give her a glance. She gritted her teeth and got up to leave.